I started out a month ago with 50mg of Chorthaladone and after a week of taking it, I was having headaches and constipation. I am now taking 25mg by cutting in half and see the same BP readings that I was getting with the higher dosage. I do have to make sure that I am eating more fruits and vegetables and lately making smoothies with Kale. This keeps the constipation under control. I am losing th...

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I am a 43 year old, overweight woman. I have been on Losartan 100mg for 4 years, with dietary adjustments, but my BP still averages 130/90. My NP and I discussed complimenting Losartan with a daily 25mg dose of Chlorthalidone. I was prepared with potassium water, supplements, and Propel. This would be added to my already daily gallon of water intake. I took six doses of this medication. Four days in I began getting what I initially thought was a sinus headache, i.e. pressure on my face. Over the next two days, this progressed to: -Intense pressure pushing into and around my eyes. -Trouble focusing my left eye -Loss of appetite. -Mild vertigo. -Anxiety and flushes of dread. -Numbness and tingling sensation over my face. -Fatigue -Muscle pain and cramping along the back of my neck. I contacted my NP, and was told to stop the medication. After being off the medication for 3 days I was still dealing with the headache and episodes of mild vertigo mixed with anxiety. After 5 days off the medication I was having mild headaches and mild face pressure. I have read the full expulsion of the drug can take up to 120 hours. This is grueling. I found out that over a week off the medication my potassium was at a 2.8 (low end of range is 3.5). It took me over 10 calendar days to get my body back in line after taking this medication. Everyone experiences medication side effects differently. Please be cautious with this medication, and be prepared to get off it - with your doctor's guidance - at the first sign of issues.

Justemme1 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was taking Amlodipine for several years . And finally thank god I questioned my doctor about swelling in my feet and ankles. She suggested I try this I have been taking the 50mg for about a month. I Read all the reviews and almost didnâ??t take it . But I had also had abdominal surgery and was retaining fluid so my surgeon also thought it might help with that issue. I Started by setting my alarm for an hour before I normally get up and kept it by my bed so I could take it and lay there for another hour just Incase . I have not any issue with dizziness or being lightheaded. After the second day I started seeing my legs , ankles and feet shrink and even my hands . As an added benefit I have had less fluid building up at my surgery site also. I did add a potassium supplement to my daily vitamins . And while I donâ??t drink a lot of extra fluid I make sure to get my 64 ounces a day in. I also did not have any issues with having to go to the bathroom a lot . My blood pressure has been in 118/74 to 126/78 range roughly which is good. So if your having fluid issues with your blood pressure medicine but nervous to try this one . I would give it a shot .

MyaMia | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I haven't been on this medication long and at my 2 month checkup saw my BP decrease from 160/81 to 122/71. Both myself and my physician are pleased with these results. With God's help and additional weight loss, I pray to end this medication before year's end. Side effects experienced are dizziness, dry mouth and excessive sweating. I drank alot of water before taking this medication and have increased my water intake since. Although I take it after breakfast, I wake 2-3 times per night to urinate.

Donna P | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/7/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I started taking Chlorthalidone about 10 years ago. I had bad reactions to many high blood pressure meds. After PCP's trying one drug to counteract another one and they were ready to give me a third med to counteract one that made me swell, I went to a cardiologist and asked for help with treating my meds even though I had no heart problems. I decided that if I didn't want racing heart beats, low beats or swelling from taking meds, that a cardiologist would be the only one with the best knowledge on what to prescribe. That was the turning point in getting a one pill treatment that works. I take a 25mg. tablet once a day. This and a statin are the only meds that I need to take. I am 76 yrs. old and am thankful for this med.

Barb | 55-64 | Female | Patient
2/28/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I had some dizziness for a few weeks but now all is well. I have been on this for almost 4 years.