before I began taking this product I was very, very tired, no energy, severe cramping during my period. I slept for long periods of time. After taking the product I can stay up all day, have lots of energy and feel much better.

I have been taking one pill a day and also have 18 per cent of this drug in my daily vitamin. Is this too much iron and how can too much effect my body??? Can it cause harm to any organs?? Black stools is common, and constipation??? Should I quit my pill for 2 days and see if the black leaves and constipation leaves???? Jo Venter

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2022

This is my 3rd day of this medication i take 325mg in the morning and 325mg in the evening I've been getting horrible horrible stomach pains and cramps, it's horrible.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/14/2021
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I started taking 300mg a month ago. I feel much better , have more energy, better mood I also have less appetite.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/21/2018
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

This will be way different for others, as I had an extreme lack of iron, but if I didn't need as much iron, it would have done better, if you only need like 100 gm, then this is an easy way.

Anonymous | Female |
5/5/2018

im have been prescribe 325mg iron pills and it makes me feel aweful

nese7476 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/7/2017
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

what I would like to know is what mg are you all taking??? Is it within a multi vitamin or is it a true iron supplement??

Kim | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2017
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

This is the start of my third week on this medication. Judging by the dark green color of my stool, it is increasing my iron level. My doctor says it takes about 6 weeks or more of this med for the iron level to show on my tests. Meanwhile, I'm having a few facial breakouts but not horribly. It has given me very loose stools, almost diarrhea. When I have to go, I must find a toilet immediately. An unexpected side effect is that my normal appetite is gone. I rarely feel hungry now. I could actually eat less although I still eat around my normal meal times out of habit. Read More Read Less

Chadilsa | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/8/2017
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Been taking 325 mg of ferrous sulfate and it has really helped a lot. Absolutely no negative side-effects. It has put more color into my face, improved my mood and sleep, and regulated my period. It has also improved my cognition and physical performance.

HL | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2017
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Very bad stomach cramps and erratic bathroom use. Very uncomfortable.

Mrallniter7 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/5/2015
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

After Taking one tablet within 20mins I had pain in my stomach followed by vomiting.

Definitely Unsatisfied | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/7/2014

I had to use this due to blood loss during a c-section. My doctor had prescribed it to me right after the birth of my son. It did absolutely nothing for me. I would get lightheaded and dizzy. I was instructed to take a stool softener in the event I was constipated, but all it did was give me stomach cramps.

pcake | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I begin taking this medicine in July 2014 when my Dr told me to take iron pills for my anemia. I started getting this itching sensation all over and something felt as if it was crawling on my scalp and face. I didn't connect this initially to the Iron pills. I stopped taking the pill for about two weeks and noticed the side effects went away. Still I didn't connect the dots until today when I took the pills and instantly I began having the itchy rash on my arms. My face and scalp started itching as well. I then thought I am also allergic to Sulfur could it be this medicine. When I looked at the name is has Ferrous Sulfate in it. No wonder I have been having these side effects. I guess I can cancel my appt with my Dermatologist since it is just an allergic reaction to this product. I will discontinue using this product. However, it did increase my iron level but unfortunately I am going to stop using it due to the side effects. Read More Read Less

Joanne A. Venter | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/15/2014

miss energy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

Since taking this, my energy have increased and I am just loving it. My only complaint is diarrhea....but it's helping me to lose weight...LOL!!!

jerry | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2014

abdominal surgery

jerryndpavs | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2014

after abdominal surgery, 5 gram tabs

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2014

I have heavy periods that have brought my iron down. I'm really hoping that my next round of blood work shows I can stop it. I actually feel worse than I did before I started taking it. I'd rather have the nagging pain in my side than feeling like I'm going to puke and pass out on my bathroom floor in the morning in a sweaty puddle, and then the rest of the day walk around with the irony taste like I'm sucking anchovies.

Al | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I started taking 5GR(325 mg) tabs 02 28 2014. Have experienced some intermittent constipation often dark stool, but, worst of all, intense itching all over my body including acne-type boils on my arms, buttocks, and the top of my chest; and slight increase of facial acne. I am stopping to take the pills and need to find another way to reduce my anemia; possibly adding red meat to my diet which currently is mostly veggies with fish every other day, and a low sodium intake as possible( diet due to diabetes issues exasperated by obesity). Read More Read Less

wild451962 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/26/2014
Condition: Anemia from Inadequate Iron

I have been taking 325 mg 1 x a day for 1 month and my side affects are. Dark stools,loose stools, stomach cramps and stomach upset, extreme dry mouth. I can handle all except the dry mouth, it is extremely bothersome especially when trying to sleep.

lexis | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/9/2013

oneoldurn | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/25/2013

This drug causes serious painful constipaion. A HEME iron is more cost efective way to treat anemia