Demerol is under-prescribed and its benefits are underestimated. This is THE best pain medicine medicine available today with regards to effectiveness and minimal side effects. My husband has been on 100mg 4x day for 8 years for his degenerative disks in his lower back, and I use as much as 500mg in a day for neuropathic pain flares and a daily dose of 50 to 100mg for the past 5 years. Neither of ...

Ladies and Gentlemen: demerol is the highest narcotic, just below heroin and methodone which is the same as heroin but based in an analgesic/aspirin. Morphine ranks below demerol. I find it interesting many saying this works better than OTC, this is the reason - and why drs look at you funny when you say im prescribed demerol. Im on methodone/marijuana for spondlythesis grade 4. Opiates/narcotic...

Fix what was Broken | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/2/2019
Condition: Severe Pain

I used Demerol for 5 yrs for debilitating pain from Degenerative disc disease and Hereditary Migraines with Seziures and if was fast and effective. 50mg twice a day is what I was prescribed and then 100 mg twice a day but my Dr would prescribe for a month then he would alternate to Topamax the next and so on. Even at 100 mg twice a day I functioned at a normal pace and by taking in morning and at bedtime I never experienced any issues like seizures (I already suffered from seizures because of the pain) or breathing for 5 years and never had to take more or and added medication to control break through pain like I have to now. Instead of eliminating Demerol they should of found ways to improve side effects and ways to make it time released. It has no more dangerous side effects than Somas.

LEH50 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2018
Condition: Pain

I died in the Recovery Room. My respiration became slow and starting closing off in my lungs. Next, I had a seizure - they administered more Demerol. Then, I couldn't see my nurse and I tried to get up to breathe - instead I died as I tried to raise up. The last words I heard was a man yelling "Respiratory Distress", then everything went black for me. I guess they resuscitated me - I don't know how long I went without oxygen - but here I am alive. I had filled out tons of paperwork stating I am allergic to morphine; yet it was what was prescribed for me post surgery - twice.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/4/2016
Condition: Severe Pain

This drug seemed like a blessing in disguise for the first year I was on it. After that, it was less about the pain and more about the high (and not to mention the lows, the crash was terrible). I became head over heals addicted to Demerol. Please don't put yourself through that.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/28/2014
Condition: Severe Pain

A REAL LIFE-SAVER...USED PRIMARILY ON DEMAND FOR CHRONIC HEADACHES OVER DECADES. VERY MINIMAL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS WHEN NOT REQUIRING EVERY DAY USE. HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED OTHER PAIN KILLERS...SOME NOT AS EFFECTIVE, OTHERS HAVE NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS WORSE THAN THE TREATED SYMPTOMS E.G. MORPHINE CAUSING SEVERE STOMACH CRAMPS.

wildjflippin | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2014
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia

God what a wonderful drug!! I cannot take any narcotics without vomiting for hours and hours except this one! They use it for putting you in la-la land when they do a colonscopy. When I woke up I felt great, I went home and had the sleep of all time, I love this drug, I wish I had some for home usage! LOL