I have Accute Active R.A. Over the past 19 years I have had about ten injections of this medicine. Mostly in the knees. The drug works very well without any adverse effects. I experienced only two times it did not take, had to have another injection after a two week wait. The most recent injection was two weeks ago in both knees and within a few hours the pain, inflammation and all signs of arthri...

HOW LONG HAS IT TAKEN FOR THIS MEDICATION TAKEN TO WORK FOR YOU ALL PLEASE RESPOND

T | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/1/2017
Condition: Inflammation of the Lining of a Joint

Doctor used it to treat bursitis in my shoulder, which has been severely limiting my mobility and causing intense pain. The positive is that the pain was reduced and much of mobility is back. The drawback is that the injection itself was very discomforting. I was hoping this would be a permanent fix for my shoulders, but having read the comments on here about this being temporary I'm not encouraged.

Student | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
7/4/2016
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis I have read a review by a user (patient) on this link on webmd.com, https://www.webmd.com/drugs/drugreview-4454-methylprednisolone+acetate+injection.aspx?drugid=4454&drugname=methylprednisolone+acetate+injection&pageIndex=3&sortby=3&conditionFilter=-1 I want to ask you (if anyone could help me), whether this inj of Prednisolone worked for you when given intramuscularly or intra glutealy, as you have mentioned in your comment that you have taken it mostly inside the joints. I want to use this injection but none in our area can give this injection inside the joints. so please help, whether i should use it intra-muscularly or intra-glutealy or not at all???

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/19/2016
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have severe RA with hip degeneration. Swelling in all my joints. I was so bad I was freezing up at night. I had to use a cane periodically. I got this injection in my hip 3 months ago and it was the greatest thing I have ever had done. The next morning all my swelling was gone. I cried when I could literally move and bend my fingers. I loved it. I gained 8 lbs. I didnt realize this could be a side effect. My 3 months is up and I was told I could get it every three months. I actually just got Shingles. My doctor told me to wait on another injection. It was well worth it. The pain still isnt very bad after 3 months. I am going to try to go as long as I can until another one. If I get as bad as I was before that shot I wont thing twice about getting another one.

lotusone2000 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/28/2015
Condition: Joint Disease which may include Attacks of Acute Arthritis

Treatment for severe pain in left hip joint following 2 surgeries 4 years ago. Injection worked within 1 hour and lasted 4-5 weeks. Greatly improved quality of life.

Val | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient