The doctor told me I have burrs and haven't ANY cartilage left in my right knee - he said I need knee replacement surgery. In the meantime - I have received 2 injections for my knee - the first one in 4/13 lasted 2 weeks then pain came back like gangbusters! I suffered through the summer but was going on vacation at the end of August so I went for another one. From what I was told - the first inj...

HOW LONG HAS IT TAKEN FOR THIS MEDICATION TAKEN TO WORK FOR YOU ALL PLEASE RESPOND

T | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/1/2017
Condition: Inflammation of the Lining of a Joint

Doctor used it to treat bursitis in my shoulder, which has been severely limiting my mobility and causing intense pain. The positive is that the pain was reduced and much of mobility is back. The drawback is that the injection itself was very discomforting. I was hoping this would be a permanent fix for my shoulders, but having read the comments on here about this being temporary I'm not encouraged.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/19/2016
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have severe RA with hip degeneration. Swelling in all my joints. I was so bad I was freezing up at night. I had to use a cane periodically. I got this injection in my hip 3 months ago and it was the greatest thing I have ever had done. The next morning all my swelling was gone. I cried when I could literally move and bend my fingers. I loved it. I gained 8 lbs. I didnt realize this could be a side effect. My 3 months is up and I was told I could get it every three months. I actually just got Shingles. My doctor told me to wait on another injection. It was well worth it. The pain still isnt very bad after 3 months. I am going to try to go as long as I can until another one. If I get as bad as I was before that shot I wont thing twice about getting another one.

lotusone2000 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/28/2015
Condition: Joint Disease which may include Attacks of Acute Arthritis

Treatment for severe pain in left hip joint following 2 surgeries 4 years ago. Injection worked within 1 hour and lasted 4-5 weeks. Greatly improved quality of life.

Val | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2015
Condition: Inflammation of Skin and Muscles All Over the Body
JDubya | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/30/2014
Condition: Inflammation of the Tendon

I was suffering from pain in my knees and gout in my feet which were both successfully treated, but the pain in my heels persisted. The doctor claimed the pain in my feet was due to plantar faciitis and told me to get some thick foot pads for my shoes (I am not terribly overweight 185 lbs). After almost a year of putting up with the pain, another doctor suggested injections. She claimed that it would hurt a lot at first but that it would take the pain away. Well, it didn't hurt (I am on Gabapentin 2400 mg/day) and what a difference - within three days the pain was completely gone in both feet. I continue to wear the orthotics (foot pads) that the other doctor recommended and I still have pain in my feet especially in the mornings and after walking too much - like while shopping or site-seeing. I sure wish that they had done it sooner. First it was my knees, then my heels, now it is my hip joints and lower back mixed in with RLS.