I use this drug for RLS. It has been very effective but also can make me very drowsy. I take it before bed because of that. Sometimes I feel like I have just been 'drugged' and can hardly function to get myself to bed, sometimes it doesn't make me sleepy at all! Strange. The other thing I have noticed is that if I wake up in the middle of the night I can't always get back to sleep. I haven't reall...

I have been on this pill for 1 week. I keep waking up it does not help my RLS. What I have found is that this medicine makes me paranoid that someone is breaking into my house or that I am going to die in my sleep. The first day I tried this drug it made me feel like I was floating out of my body. I will no longer take this drug anymore and I feel it would be in the best interest for the makers of...

Roger T | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/30/2021

I am taking for RLS. It works most of the time but I still have episodes all during the day or night. They aren't as often as before but I still get them. Dr may change my dose next month when I have my next visit.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/23/2021
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I used it for restless legs, however, I got severe headaches from taking it. I didn't figure out the connection for years, but when I did, I stopped requip and the headaches stopped.

Nor sure | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/12/2021
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I find that sometimes one tablet (2mg) works; other times it may take three tablets over two hours for Ropinerole to relieve the pain/discomfort in my legs.

Micah | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/7/2020

I take it for RLS. Worked great for 1 week, then not so well.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/9/2020
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Have been on Ropinirole for 6 months. It has had no effect on my arm tremor. I have counted 16 symptoms that I suspect are side effects of the drug (everything from nausea and fuzzy-headedness to chills, hypersensitivity to sound, yawning, congestion and allergy symptoms). At 10.5 mg/day I felt I was simply battling the drug and decided to come off it to see if the side effects went away. They did. Now I just have the arm tremor again.

Vicky B | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/31/2020
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I take Ropinirole for RLS which I've had for nearly 10 years. I didn't start taking it until a few years ago. Wish I had known about sooner. Anyway, it was working great the first 2 years, a wonder drug for RLS, but I do believe you can build up a tolerance to it as it has in me. So folks, be careful if you are going to take it. Yes, it works, but you may want to have a back up med (approved by your doctor) in case Ropinirole stops working well for you.

Sundayman | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/27/2020
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Use for RLS, but takes 2 hours to work.

MKB | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/14/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I'm 70 years old. The last few years I've had RLS occasionally. I'm now on chemo for liposarcoma. The past few months I was lucky to get 4 hrs of sleep a night. My oncologist put me on Ropinirole (1 mg before bedtime) 2 weeks ago. This stuff is great! Now I get 8hrs sleep a night. No side effects. I wake up fully rested. No more RLS. It makes the chemo more bearable.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/8/2019

Works well when I get right dosage. It seems if dosage is too high the RLS is worse than if zero meds were taken. Too low a dose and the syndrome rears itself. Most time a 1 mg dose is best but not everyday.

Ali | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/28/2019
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Iâ??m a 62 year old female pt with history of what was thought to be Essential Tremors (ET) that turned out to be Parkinsonâ??s Disease. I was on Topomax 200 mg twice daily for the Tremors and continue that dosage but when my symptoms increased and appeared to be more than ET a DaT Scan was performed and showed I had Parkinsonâ??s. I was put on Carbidopa/Levadopa 25/100mg twice daily. That didnâ??t decrease symptoms so my neurologist put me on Ropinirole XL 2mg daily. This combination has, so far, done very well and I have not experienced any side effects or reactions from the Ropinirole. It does cause the side effect as stated in side effects, of sudden or unexpected sleepiness which a number of my medications do so I do not drive and am prepared for that and have found that even though I donâ??t feel like Iâ??m not able to fall back asleep, if I lay back down and get comfortable and do deep breathing exercises, before I know it itâ??s morning, time to get up and Iâ??m awake. I do feel a little groggy but not any more than if I had taken Benadryl or Diazepam and am better as soon as I have my coffee. This is not my only problem for Iâ??m 100% disabled, have chronic back problems and am on multiple medications for my back including strong pain medications, muscle relaxers as well as Lyrica for Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy and Fibromyalgia so one would think I would be dizzy, sleepy and off balance all the time! I did have those symptoms with my Parkinsonâ??s until I started taking the Ropinirole. When I started taking it, those symptoms seem to be under control at this time. Iâ??m sure the Ropinirole will have to be increased eventually because itâ??s one of the only medications that can be increased. The other medications are maxed out. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/7/2017
Condition: Parkinson's Disease
sheriwnds | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/7/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Ropinarole does not control my involuntary leg and arm movements even in conjunction with mirapex and tizanidine. I did better withoout it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/12/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

This is the only medication that I have ever taken to deal with the terrible leg jerking (RLS) that, for me, occurred in the evening/night. If I do not take it before symptoms occur (along with analgesics), it takes a while for the restlessness to go away. As I split my dosage, if I take the second half too soon (sometimes I'll do anything to make the discomfort go away), it can have psychological effects similar to Ambien (disorientation, confusion, balance problems, etc.). However, overall, I'll take the side effects over the RLS any day.Read More Read Less

RClark | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/16/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I have had RLS for 10 years, it feels like an electrical discharge that makes my legs jump at night. Also calf pain when sitting and lying down, worse than torture,you'll do anything to get relief. Took some time to find the right dosage for me to end the problem, now all is good, however staying asleep at night is the only drawback. Taking 1mg plus 2 mg at night, and 1 mg in the morning works for me. Everyone is different, as I read some of the reviews, I can't help think that they have something else going on as well that they haven't found yet.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/27/2016

bad leg pain.

doesntstopme | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/9/2016
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Been taking 16mgs every morning for almost a year. Been happy with it (no falling asleep episodes nor hallucinations etc) but lately have developed hand tremors in only my rt. hand and tension in same arm. (Don't know if its due to drug or disease yet). Originally started with carvidopa-levidopa but my stomach didn't handle it.

louisespedowski | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/18/2015
na | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2015

Started taking a month ago for muscle cramps in my calves. Not RLS but due to taking Lasix for fluid buildup. Has helped my cramps in my legs but have had a constant headache ever since I started taking this drug. Not worth the headache.

Kayl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/13/2015

I was having RLS in my right leg. I take 1 & 1\2 mgs at night before I go to bed. I can finally sleep and feel so much better.

Jeff | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/28/2015

I am currently taking 2 mg of ropinirole nightly for Restless Legs Syndrome. My RLS is severe and I have not been able to sleep in a bed for 25 years. I must sleep on the floor because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs gives me some relief. The benefit of the ropinirole is hit or miss. I take it about 1.5 hours before bed. On a good night I get to sleep in about 30 minutes, but the ropinirole wears off from 3 to 5 hours later and my legs hurt and I toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, it gives me a fitfull sleep for about 2 hours and then my legs ACHE until morning. The ropinirole has caused my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure medication. It has given me some interesting dreams. Basically it is better than not taking anything. I have to keep increasing the dosage and I am afraid that I will shortly reach the 4 mg maximum. It is not a wonder drug for me. Read More Read Less