i have had chronic bronchial asthma since i was 14, i'm now 54. i have used proventil/albuterol this entire time. i've been admitted into the hospital only twice in all that time for severe breathing problems. i absolutely love the proventil/albuterol. now, they are taking the only medication that works for me off the market and given me a 'hfa' inhaler that gives me absolutely no relief whatso...

Missy M | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/18/2012
Condition: Asthma Attack

Living in AZ I rarely get asthma attacks, but two months ago, I did. The Proventil HFA inhaler barely touched my symptoms of shortness of breath and lack of energy that I had to immediately get a breathing treatment from my doctor so I could breathe again. My old regular Proventil Inhaler would have cured my breathing issues immediately. This HFA inhaler sucks and doesn't administer anything but a miniscule mist barely touched with even less medication. Who's this supposed to help, because it ISN'T helping asthmatics! Asthmatic's inhalers are NOT destroying the ozone. The world societies have done that job all by themselves!

Hlehman | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/23/2009
Condition: Asthma

I miss the real albuterol. I was recently hospitalized for the first time due to my asthma and it's getting ridiculous. I've been going downhill since we went CFC free. Seriously, the asthmics of the world aren't putting a huge whole in the Ozone layer. Give us back our medication!

frenchy 1930 | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/13/2009
Condition: Emphysema

I use this medication as a rescue medicine,my regular medication is once a day inhaler spiriva

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2009
Condition: Emphysema

Is nowhere near as effective as the CFC inhalers.

laskeely | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2009
Condition: Asthma Attack

The HFA product works more efficiently than earlier Proventil products. The mist seems finer and appears to penetrate farther into my lungs.