I was experiencing very heavy periods with clots. It was awful. My period started coming every 2 weeks. I was losing so much blood I had to get a transfusion. The Aygestin was a Godsend. Bleeding stopped immediately. I've been on it for several weeks now with no apparent side effects.

I have been taking this medication for almost a month now. I started my period the day after I started taking it and it lasted for 11 days. I was off of my period for 4 days and started back again. I started this medicine to help stop the heavy extremely long periods but it has just gotten worse. This dizziness is unbearable !!

Lynnze | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2022
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

This has been the worse experience ever, my doctor put me on this medication for peri-menopausal symptoms and abnormal bleeding. I started taking this medication and the cramps and bleeding have been unbearable. I have not stop bleeding and its been 3 months.

Beansie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/22/2020
Condition: Endometriosis

I am in my mid 40’s and I have had nonstop bleeding for over a year due to a fibroid. I used to have IUD to stop the bleeding which worked but always had spotting issues. I recently started using 10mg of aygestin and within a week the bleeding completely stopped. I did start to feel chest pain and stiffness in my shoulders and neck as well as extreme sleepiness all day. I wish I could keep taking this medication but the side effects were worse for me than the bleeding. It is worth trying if you want the bleeding to stop and if you donâÂ?Â?t feel any of the side effects then thatâÂ?Â?s an added bonus. Read More Read Less

TamaramaE | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/24/2019
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

Iâ??m 46 and Iâ??ve had heavy periods since they started at age 12 . Over the years they got normal but in my 40â??s they got heavy again, so heavy that I had to get an iron transfusion. I donâ??t want an IUD, Iâ??m too heavy (weight wise) for most methods of birth control and too heavy for an ablation. Iâ??ve been on low hormone birth control pills and my gyn added Aygestin. Itâ??s been almost 3 months since I had a period. I do feel PMS at times but it lasts 2 or 3 days. I did have headaches in the beginning but theyâ??ve tapered off. Read More Read Less

bostoniangirl | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2018
Condition: Endometriosis

This is my 3rd BC prescription (but 1st minipill) for my endometriosis. I've been on this prescription since this past January. The first month or two were okay, but this has been giving me super bad headaches since starting it. The past two months I'm dizzy every day to the point of fainting. No other side effects besides the headaches and dizziness but those are kind of unbearable. Doctor seemed confused to hear this was happening but didn't offer any solutions.

Tloney | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2018
Condition: Endometriosis

I am 25yo Black woman who has been taking this medication since March 5th to stop the growth of my endometrioma and also with the pain and excessive bleeding. However since being on the medication I began bleeding within a week and not just spotting but heavy bleeding the cramps are intense as well. Iâ??m not sure if I should double up on doses I contacted My doctor three times last week to no avail there hasnâ??t been any assistance. All I know is that I donâ??t want to have a hysterectomy at 25 and before taking this medicine everyone should research how it will effect them because everybody body is different and how it effects one may not effect others. From researching most woman who are in the age range of 35 and up this pill has helped with there bleeding and etc for us younger woman. Not so much. I wouldnt recommend to anyone. Read More Read Less

brandy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/22/2018
Condition: Endometriosis

period stopped. pain stopped. lost ~10 pounds in four months. am having trouble staying asleep. wondering if that is related.

AG | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/13/2016

I have been on this medication for several months now. I was put on it to try to stop my severe vaginal bleeding and clots. It has not worked for me. The longest break I have had between bleeding was 13 days. I am still having to keep extra clothes with me if I go somewhere. Sometimes the bleeding is so bad that I can't even leave my house.

Donna | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/4/2016
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

I went to the GYN because of my severely heavy bleeding and clotting. Was told to take and it would slow down my menstrual to be manageable. Since taking it (almost a month) i have not gotten my period at all (which happened to a friend of mine also) and i have no side affects so far. I had cramping when i was supposed to get my period, but nothing every showed up. If I can use this until i reach menopause probably a years time, i would love to keep taking this. So far the only positive result i have had. The heavy menstrual and clots prevented me from going out of my house 2 days a month and i feel like a normal person again. Read More Read Less

Helpless and Scared | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/29/2016

I've read the other posts, reviews and help posted on other sides and am besides myself. My Dr. seems to think I'm premenopausal simply because my cycle began 09/14 and to this day 09/29 still going. I was prescribed to take the medicine and start my 1st dose on 09/30 however, because the pain and clotting started to get so bad she ok'd me to start earlier, 09/26. The pain has minimized and the clotting has stopped however I'm still flowing. Besides this one irregular cycle this is my only symptom. I know that hormones and lifestyle can alter your cycle; however, I've never experienced this before and I'm deeply troubled. I guess I was expecting miraculous change from the medicine. Thankfully I haven't experienced any negative side effects. My prayers and thoughts to those of you who have. Read More Read Less

Nina | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2016
Condition: Endometriosis

5Mg 3xday. Bleeding lightened up but I've been cramping something terrible. 46 yrs old early menopause and it started 6 yrs ago. Periods stopped July 2015. Gushing menses started March 2016 and continues til i was given this poll 6/2. Four days in bleeding stopped. But..... I had intercourse tonight and started flooding bad during. And it's 6 hours later and I'm still gushing. My very last period was June 2015 out lasted 8 weeks. Thought that was it. I was wrong. This pill makes me super hungry all the time. Irritable. Snappy. Depressed. Angry. Bloated. Lots of cramping day and night. Omg hair growing on my face. The bleeding is so gross. I've been fixed 26 yrs i should not have to go through THIS. Read More Read Less

Cherie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/6/2015
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

Take days 1-20 each month. Bleeding for entire period is less than in one day prior to taking this med. No side affects at all.

PERIODSKIPPER | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/19/2015
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I WENT WITHOUT HAVING A PERIOD FOR 7 MONTHS AND FINALLY I WENT TO MY DR. HE PUT ME ON THIS PILL RIGHT AWAY. I TAKE IT ONCE A DAY FOR THE FIRST 5 DAYS OF EACH MONTH. IT WORKS WONDERS. I AM A LITTLE WORRIED THOUGH, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRYING TO HAVE A BABY AND WITH THIS MEDICINE IM AFRAID THAT IT WILL PREVENT ME FROM GETTING PREGNANT.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2014
Condition: Endometriosis

I was experiencing extremely heavy periods including what called 'gushing'. I was prescribed this medication and have not had a period sine. At night, I occasionally experience night sweats. Most annoying is chills and rigors. Usually happens when I'm sitting or in bed.

siobahn | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/1/2014
Condition: Endometriosis

I used this for my endometriosis. I had irregular periods and extremely painful cramping before during and after my person. It took a while for it to work but it eventually worked beautifully. For me this was a godsend.

AmyRC | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2014

Myrtle | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2014
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

The first two weeks on this medication I had zero pain or bleeding. I did not have my period when it was due which made me think this was working. The third week I have had the worst cramping and bleeding of my life! I can't move, roll over in bed or even sit still to get the cramping to stop. The pain wakes me from sleep it is so severe! I'd rather not be on it and deal with the monthly breakthrough bleeding, at least that pain was easily relieved with some ibuprofen!

Empress | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/19/2014
Bobga | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/6/2014

My gyn gave to me to take every 3rd month to precipitate a period due to taking non progesterone with estrogen. I take 5mg from 1 - 14 days. Then period starts. Usually heavy with cramps for a day or two and stops by 4th day. Worked well until I am cutting back on Estrogen to try to get off. Now, terrible cramps continuing for 3rd day. Still bleeding pretty heavily. Hope it goes away soon. Don't know if the lack of estrogen is what's making it so strong. Getting concerned. Age 57

noname | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/5/2014
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

This was prescribed as my period stopped for two months. Have been on this med for over a year and have no problems. It allows the lining to leave my body as my body still produces estogen which produces the lining.

Nickey | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/2/2014
Condition: Endometriosis

I started taking this medication because I've been diagnosed with endometriosis. The first time I've taken it I had hot flashes, thinning hair, and spotting between periods. Now I'm back on the medicine (since 12/2013) and now the left side of my hair is falling out and I have abdominal pains as if I'm on my period. I take 2 pills each night (10 mg) and my symptoms has only gotten worse. I'm getting off this medication.