I was on Premarin for several years and my doctor switched me to Estradiol (generic for Estrace) 1.5 mg and I have never felt this good. No more hot flashes, sad moods, headaches, etc. This switch was the best thing that ever happened for me! I know that everyone reacts differently to medication but I would highly recommend Estradiol if you are experiencing issues with your current medication!

Was on Premarin and when the copay went up I switched to the 1mg Estradiol. Worst mistake of my life! Hot flashes, severe headaches, weight gain and sleeplessness. Extreme yeast infections. Iâ??ll suffer with the hot flashes.

Sable | 25-34 | Transgender | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/3/2021

Kind of wild that this article doesn't discuss estradiol's use by transgender women.

Desertgreen10 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/8/2021
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Like a few others have reported, it triggered my psoriasis and the itching was intense. I also began to have tingling and numbness in my hands and feet after 2 months of continuous use. No one thought this may be the culprit so I was sent off to a neurologist. After 6 months of tingling and numbness it turned to severe pain in my hips. I went from a gym bunny to unable to get out of bed to let the dog out. I couldnâ??t even sit upright in a chair. After a year, my rheumatologist thought this could possibly be the problem. Symptoms came on fairly quickly after starting this, and lo and behold, after 3 weeks off this I was almost pain free. If you have psoriasis or any other disease that sends your immune system into overdrive, you may want to rethink this medication. At the least, you need to know every single side effect known. Hot flashes are only a minor inconvenience and nuisance compared to the chronic pain of psoriatic arthritis. I feared the pain would never go away, but luckily it did.

finallyhappy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have tried estrogen patches, Evamist Spray, Femring, and none of them worked for me. And then, I tried the Estradiol 1mg pill and I noticed a difference after 6 hours! It was amazing. But 12 hours into it, I started to get my headache back, and the dr. told me to take the 1mg twice a day every 12 hours to keep a steady stream in my system. It worked like a charm! Anxiety, hot flashes, memory problems, aches and pains, depression were all gone! And this generic pill is so inexpensive!

Ljane117 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/25/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I suffered from sever hot flashes and moodiness, started on the 2 mg estradiol pills and OMG I could live again. I recently went off, and after 4 weeks I’m back on...can’t live without this during menopause! Love love love!

Cme | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/18/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Extreme hot flashes and night sweats. Have been on this medication for about five months. Works great for the hot flashes and night sweats. Havenâ??t had any weight gain, however I think it might be causing sever mouth sores. My tongue swells just a bit and then I bite it. Once bit, I experience canker sores on my tongue. Now Iâ??m finding I have sores on the inside of my cheeks as well. Iâ??m on 1mg tablet three weeks with one week off. I have noticed my mouth will clear up two - three days after I stop for the week off. Then symptoms return within three days of retaking. My Dr doesnâ??t seem to think that it could be from this medication. Heâ??s given me herpes medication and steroid meds. Not sure if the herpes drug worked because of timing in taking it. So severe are these mouth sores Iâ??ve lost over 20 lbs. I look ten years older. I love not having hot flashes and night sweats, but canâ??t Handel not being able to eat. Iâ??ve tried just about every OTC products for my symptoms of menopause and nothing else has every even reduced symptoms I have experienced for over 10 years. Iâ??m stopping cold turkey in hopes I can eat again and against Dr orders. Terrible to have to choose between which of the two evils I have to live with. Hot flashes and night sweats, bring it on!!!