natashaxe | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/21/2017
Condition: Asthma

Since I am on several different medications, it is difficult to tell which symptoms I experience are attributed to my use of Dulera. As with all drugs, the side effects are listed with the drug information and my additional symptoms could be caused by the Dulera. Perhaps in an effort to ensure I continue taking it even when asymptomatic, doctors typically dismiss my concerns when I report possible side effects. More than one doctor has made the claim that these inhaled steroid inhalers rarely cause side effects. The doctor's explanation is that the inhaled medication does not primarily work in the blood stream therefore has reduced access to other parts of the body. Though relative to Prednisone, the drug will have less impact in the blood stream, it will still be present. Identifying possible side effects is not the priority it should be in medicine.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/2/2014
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD
Emmejm | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/30/2011
Condition: Asthma

I started taking Serevent about a year and a half ago after I had a really terrible cold that basically shut my lungs down entirely, after which my Flovent stopped working for me (I had been on Flovent for 11.5 years at this point). As far as asthma symptoms go, the Serevent manages my symptoms (and the causes) better than anything else I've ever taken for asthma. Lately, however, I've noticed sores on my tongue, near the back of my mouth. I know many asthma medications can cause oral infections, but has anyone else noticed this with Serevent in particular? I know I frequently fail to remember to rinse my mouth after taking it, which could be contributing.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Patient