Started having bald spots when I was 23.Rogaine didnt do anything for me.I started taking Propecia,and within six months I started seeing results.Seven years later,I have the same amount of hair,but my hairline is receding slowly at the temples.I would recommend this drug.The drawbacks are the high cost and a slower sex drive.

I have taken propecia for over 10 years. I then found out propecia is finestaride. So I started saving money by buying finestaride instead. Anyway, they work great for the hair, but after noticing my ED and other sexual related issues,I started to look into my medications,and there it was "POW" All of my sexual side effects are directly related to "PROPECIA". Please ,if you are taking this medicat...

razyBaldheadz | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Although I did not have a tremendous loss of hair and in fact, due to body dysmorphia I had incorrectly assumed that I had started to lose my hair at the age of 23 when a gentlemen I was working with made a comment that I interpreted as I was well on my way to becoming bald at what I deemed to be an early age, I came to the conclusion that I was freaking out over nothing about ten years later. Now that I have hit the ripe age of 36 I am starting to see the initial signs of loss around my temples and due to some scarring from accidents and subsequent brain injuries, what appears to be a slight reduction around the crown of my head. When in my twenties and mostly just extremely paranoid concerning impending loss that has appeared to just barely be showing its ugly head (pun), I never truly noticed any actual gains and this was probably due to the fact that I was not losing hair. Given the fact that Propecias main attribute is the ability to keep the hair that one already has, I convinced myself that perhaps I got an early start and the year or so that I used it delayed the onset of balding that is now starting to concern me. So, this is more a questionnaire with a severely minimalistic review written in. One question I had was is the rumor that taking only half of a pill or perhaps 1 whole a day and the next a half or just half pills both days produce the same amount of effect. I have read this on one forum or another and would appreciate any peoples experience as to whether this was actually affective. Is there a serious difference between ordering from the dark web vendors that have solid reviews and it considered dangerous and is there any generic that is proven to be just as effective as the brand name Propecia. I apologize that my review sample time was rather vague in it's results but I have an extremely scarred head from numerous TBI's and I feel I am at the precipice of age that starting this medicine in conjunction with Rogaine is ideal for where I am currently and where I would be heading due to the rather thin nature of my locks. I appreciate any response to this and any info from people that have had to travel these roads. Thank you very much and take care to you all.

cjeffry24 | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/4/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

To my chagrin, I first noticed mild male pattern baldness as a freshman in college, which was devastating. After ignoring/hiding the problem by wearing baseball hats and growing my hair long, I started on 1 mg finasteride at age 22. I never regrew any hair, but it absolutely - and drastically - slowed down the rate of hair loss. When I was 21 I expected to be fully bald by age 30, and at age 42, I am a Norwood 2. So it has done an amazing job of helping me to keep most of my hair, and I did not have any side effects. I plan to take this medication forever.

Bob | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/23/2020
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Happily taking this for 25 years. No observed side effects and I have a full head of hair, which was not the case at age 30. Had two kids in the meantime.

Bo | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/24/2020
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I have PFS (Post-Finasteride Syndrome). I cannot sustain an erection during sex, suffer from genital anesthesia and/or numbness, have muted/blocked/pleasureless orgasms when I masturbate, and suffer from brain fog, memory loss, and thinking at times. I have low testosterone, extremely high FSH, and pituitary problems as a result of being on Propetia on and off for years. I’ve been off of Propecia for a year. Although I’ve had shock wave therapy to remove penile scar tissue and improve nerve damage and had testosterone replacement therapy, my sexual functioning and cognitive issues persist. Oh! And I became infertile on Propecia too. Fortunately, I had enough sperm left to have a baby with my wife via IVF. Stay away from this toxic and poisonous medication! It will potentially destroy your life."

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
10/16/2019
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

At age 55 I started to notice about 15-20 hairs falling on my keyboard. It freaked me out. I started to take the 1mg of finasteride, and within about 4 months, not one single hair falls on my keyboard. Even my professional barber noticed the growth of hair, told me it is even thicker than before. It has worked for me, without fail, not sure if it will for everyone. I take every single day, without missing a day.