I had absence of period for a year and inability to get pregnant in 2005. I was diagnosed with Micro prolactinomia and put on 2.5 mg. Within a month my levels were down and I had a period and within a few months I was pregnant. I had my second baby a year ago. My levels as of my last check were around 7. I have had nausea, but I take it right before bed and that helps a ton!! I'm amazed with the...

I've been on this med since 2003, I have experienced all the side effects from this med; stiff joints, headaches, nausea, costipation, no menstrual cycle for as long as 8 months, hi prolactin levels, hi bood pressure, fatigue, low energy, metalic taste in my mouth, dizziness, night sweats, sleepless nights. I always experience at least three or four of the symptoms at the same time and if I miss a...

starmist | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/29/2021
Condition: Prolactin Excreting Tumor of the Pituitary Gland

Technically this drug worked for me. It reduced my serum prolactin levels within 6 months of treatment. However, the side effects were horrid â?? severe congestion that triggered sinus headaches, lightheadedness, nausea, and hair loss. I have been off it for over a year and still suffer from alopecia and congestion though it is not as frequent.

Juliet | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/19/2021
Condition: Prolactin Excreting Tumor of the Pituitary Gland

I have been taking bromocriptine in refill bottles for a little over 2 years now and just two weeks ago, it was changed to this brand. Now, I have severe constipation. I have to get the previous one I have been using . I am rating this drug because I must give a rating to be able to post.

Ruth | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/4/2020
Condition: Prolactin Excreting Tumor of the Pituitary Gland

I had a high prolactin level of 1200, was proscribed bromocriptine and the first few weeks prolactin level went up to 1800 now after being on this med for 25yrs my levels are much lower and its working great. I do get headaches and very restless sleeps. Feelings of anxiety are more obvious too. I feel tired, fall asleep but wake every he or so. But apart from that, all's well.

rjaynie | 45-54 | Female | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Prolactin Excreting Tumor of the Pituitary Gland

I'm sick as can be w this med. my prolactin levels were 444.10 this is the second med I'm trying But these side effects. I'm walking oddly. please hoping it will stop.

Tasha F. | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/18/2016
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods

I was on bromocriprine for approximately 2 years and I suffered horrid side effects diarrhea constipation ibs body cramps stuffy nose nausea vomiting headache nightmares dizziness chest pain stomach aches blurred vision basically all of the above but the worst side effect of all was losing my hearing in my right ear which is one of the none listed side effect that they don't tell you I did my own research and found out there are people suffering like me ... I am searching for more people like me with the hearing loss I would like to know if you have it and how long have u dealt with and what source of treatment did you recieve