I have only been using this a little over a month. I wanted relief from painful intercourse and dryness. I found that was solved plus I sleep better ( without waking too frequently) and hot flashes have been greatly reduced. I am not as irritable either. I feel like my old self. I wish someone had told me about this years ago. I am 5 years menopausal.

I've only used it a few times, I am sleeping better. The mystery is when I washed my underwear the crotch is blue....it has to be from this medicine.It will not wash out, even with bleach poured on it. Has anyone else had this happen?

Terri | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/5/2021

Have been using 2x a week for a month now. Burning, irritation, feels like I have a UTI. Ironically, I started taking it for recurrent UTIs. Does it take a while to build up the vaginal walls to stop the burning? I had so much hope for this product and it was very expensive, so I want it to work!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/14/2019
Condition: Marked Inflammation of Urethra, the Canal that leads From the Bladder

Took one gram as directed, once, had yellow discharge for 2 1/2 days and swollen/ painful anal area. Did not help frequent urination at all.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/18/2018
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

I have used Mylan generic estrace cream for approximately four months requiring my prescription to be filled two times. Neither tube contained enough cream to last the amount of time prescribed. I talked to my pharmacy to be sure that I was measuring correctly. He con firmed I was measuring correctly. It appears the tube does not contain 42.5g as stated on the tube.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/21/2017
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

Used for vaginal atrophy and painful intercourse. Dr prescribed to use daily for 10 days and then twice a day to maintain. I started with using twice a week with half the dose to hopes to avoid side effects. Felt better within a week but didn't get full relief until 2 months of use. Also stopped hot flashes, brain fog and menopausal anxiety and depression! I like that this is bio identical estrogen. I got a thumbs up for use by my compound pharmacist. I use a finger cot and apply vaginally without the use of the applicator. I rubbed what is left after insertion on my labia. Please use a bio identical progesterone with this if you have a uterus. Without progesterone cream you can increase the chance of cancer. Progesterone cream is available over the counter and can be purchased on Amazon. Read More Read Less

bankrupted patient | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/22/2016
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

The drug is fine. It's just too expensive and I can no longer afford to use it. SHAME ON THE DRUG COMPANY FOR THIS APPARENT PRICE GOUGING... I PRAY FOR A GENERIC VERSION SOON.

Anonymous | Patient
5/8/2016
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

WARNING!!! Do NOT use with his and hers KY. You will NOT have a good experience, but you will have a story to laugh about for a long time. #feeltheburn

Cheryl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/8/2015
Condition: Wasting of Tissues of the Vulva

Estrace has worked for me. no more itching and vaginal dryness has improved greatly. Cost is not affordable. My doc called a compound pharmacy and I was able to get a sub for only $45.00.

GG | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/25/2015
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

The morning after use I woke up with my throat filling swollen and no voice.I call Dr.to see if this could have caused allergic reaction & was told they had not heard of that happening. I then Developed severe sinus type headache within 2 days and a heavy feeling in the chest. After 6 weeks and a recheck with minimal results.....Still had the inflammation I was told it needed to be used as directed for maintenance. Once again asked about voice loss same answer...I found online where that can be a side effect and asked pharmacist..She looked it up & found 3% of people have loss of voice or vocal problem reactions as well as the sinus type headache and upper respiratory. I quit taking it and will search for something else. Also my hair seemed to be thinner found loss of hair...I will find out if that is symptom too...Read More Read Less

Kathy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/1/2015
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

Since I started using Estrace, I've begun having serious urinary incontinence, and I can no longer sleep through the night. I went to a Kegel exercise therapist -- the incontinence got worse. This seems to be the opposite of what should happen; has it happened to anyone else?

happy! | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/21/2015

My urologist prescribed Estrace for overactive bladder and recurrent UTIs. I thought he was crazy. But it has worked!!! And there have been unexpected benefits. My sex drive has returned, vaginal dryness/pain is gone, AND I have spontaneous orgasms multiple times a day! Weird.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/12/2015

Treatment is great but $$$ very expensive

SH | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/22/2015
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

This cream totally changed the situation of painful relations. It worked great. The only reservation I have (although I don't know for sure if this cream caused this - but certainly does appear in the warnings before using such) is that my GYN has now seen growths (polyps). I've read that bladder control pads can cause many health problems including cancer etc and I have used these too. so even though I can't say for sure right now that Estrace Cream caused this, I will be extremely cautious about using it again. Many instead use a vaginal moisturizer for dryness such as YESYES - which I do recommend - oily plus water based. This helps vaginal dryness without the possible health risks. Read More Read Less

JB | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2015
Condition: Wasting of Tissues of the Vulva

Vaginal pain has decreased somewhat, but itching hasn't subsided. Also, have to wear a pantiliner every day because of discharge. I use 2 GM weekly and at least once a week insert extra cream at vulvar entrance. Still have painful intercourse and don't know what else to do. Will use for another month and see what happens.

Amie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2014
Condition: Wasting of Tissues of the Vulva

The estradiol works, but the cream base is very irritating. Causes burning, redness, urethra burning. Switched to a compounded product with "versa-base" and got all the benefits and no side effects.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2014
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

started severe breast tenderness and breakthrough bleeding/ cut dose in half. not happy with having to use a cream. Messy.

smacdam | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2014
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

It relieved vaginal itch & pain simply applying a small amount topically within 3 days of use.

Nancy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/5/2013

I have used the cream 1x/day for 4 days. I began having what feels like menstruational cramps off and on for the last 2 days. Is this normal or an artifact of the insertion?

Texkel | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/23/2013
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

Just started using this so I can't really rate it yet but I am using this for vaginal dryness/atrophy all stemming from going through surgical menopause 7 yrs. ago. My question is when you first start using this cream and it begins leaking out...is it normal to experience some burning and if so how long is this going to last. It's hard to tell if it's doing any good because I was having burning before and still having these same issues. Has anyone else experienced this???

ELENA | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/12/2013
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

MY VAGINAL LINING IS THIN AND STILL BLEEDING I HAVE BEEN ON THEIS MEDICINE FOR 1 YEAR

coop763 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/30/2013
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

I used this only once due to terrible side effect of a 4 day migraine with one use. This medication worked great to stop the dryness and internal vaginal discomfort and ithching/ painful intercourse. They checked and I had no yeast infection. That is wwhen I prescribed Estrace. I used the smallest amount and the next morning I had a horrible migraine for 4 days and had to finally go to the ER for IV meds to break it. so even though it worked I had to stop, now they want me to try vagifem. Uug...Read More Read Less