I have to tell you I was afraid of this medicine after I read all the aboves stories but I am here to tell you that I do not have any of those systems. I have been on it for two weeks and am taking 20MG a day. Please don't be afraid it works different for all. Good Luck.

prednisone pyschosis- google it... this is a very dangerous drug and it is being prescribed for skin rashes???? seriously, let's let our love affair w/ the drug companies go... we are so over medicated it makes me sick... wake up america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/25/2021

I have a lot of joint pain issues. Prednisone is prescribe for my Loy back pain that can get so bad it takes me to the floor for hours at a time. I even fell once in a park and could not move for 3 hours. I try everything. 10% Lidocaine, Baclofen, oxycodone, hydrocodone, benzodiazepine, diazepam, and nothing works as well as prednisone. It takes a day or two work at a high dose then I can taper down and hold a low dose for 2 or 3 weeks. A few trips to the chiropractor after the information is out and I am back to normal for a few months. I have had injections that work well to however the 20mg pills also fix the pain in my hands, shoulders, cleanup rack skin eczema, give me energy and make me feel like I’m 25 again. I have no side effects except eating everything in the house and a 10 -15 lb weight gain that usually goes away in a few weeks. It even seems to help with me depression. ThanksRead More Read Less

clw | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Started off with 10mg/day of prednisone and 4x methotrexate/wk (later increased to 6) for RA. It eradicated all my joint pain initially, but I became so constipated that I had to go to the emergency room. I've never experienced constipation before in my life. Stopped methotrexate immediately and reduced prednisone to 5mg, but I still suffered from constipation. My methotrexate got replaced with hydroxychloroquine and sulfasalazine, but I had to stop due to an allergic rash. This whole time I remained on prednisone as a bridge drug, however, either the RA joint inflammation increased or efficacy lowered. BEWARE: The hope was to only use prednisone for 1 month since there are long term side effects, but now it's been 3 months and my blood test is starting to show high glucose and ALT (liver related), so I may switch back to advil instead and try herbal medicine.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | Patient
7/12/2021

Given for herniated disc causing very severe pain in thigh and back. Went from not being able to walk nor sleep to pain almost completely gone. No side effects at all. Amazingly effective.

Bre | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/8/2021
Condition: Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Difficult to fall asleep

Gerald Gruber | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/24/2021
Condition: Joint Disease which may include Attacks of Acute Arthritis

I have never had a pain medication that has been as effective as Prednisone. I have had shoulder, knee, spine pain for years. Now they are gone. This is a miracle drug for me.

Sharon R | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2021

I was being treated for sciatica due to a herniated disk and had severe pain down my left buttocks and back of upper leg. This medication coupled with Ibuprofen 600 knocked the pain out so well, I was able to walk and stand normally. No other pain medication was as effective as this!

patient | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2021

i have a skin rash and i was prescribed this medicine. so far i have taken two 20 mg pills and based on reviews i am going to stop using this, as a skin rash cure should not come with so many life altering side effects. I wish doctors were more interested in figuring out the actual issue with a patient and finding the appropriate solution vs trying to use a blanket approach with a heavy drug that could cause so many potential other issues. i would rather have a skin issue for a couple of weeks hopefully then months of depression or anxiety or possibly psychosis ! I realize that this does not happen to everyone but does really want to find out? I would reserve this for a much more serious health issue as a lesser of 2 evils - definitely not for a skin rash. Read More Read Less

Jess | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Fluid Accumulation in the Brain

Worst medicine ever. I took this for a case of viral meningitis and it flipped my world upside down. It caused severe anxiety and depression that never happened before that lead to me being medicated now.

Marie Tripodi | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/9/2021

I have Celiac Disease. I only eat about 11 foods. If I try a new food it usually takes me about 3 days to recover from the reaction. I am VERY sensitive to all medications and need a VERY small amount of any medication I CAN take to work. I take 3 or 4 days of one 5mg. of Prednisone and finally feel well again. Cuts down on stomach pain, diarrhea, heart palpitations from intestinal bloating and gas. Has also helped to shrink my nasal polyps!!!

Janine Coetzer | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2021

Benefits of this is that it worked for me day 1 on use felt a different my throat was not sore anymore after not being able to drink easily or eat and bad ear infection and inflammation BUT this said my whole body feels sore after a week use. My skin is sensitive and I feel like a teddy bear bloated. Hopefully it subsides soon. but unless your Dr prescribes this. Very good Thank you Dr Micheal at Montana Hospital PTA

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2020
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

diagnosed with tm at 15, developing ms. i use prednisone for 6 weeks at a time. while using it my symptoms increase in severity, but after im done the 6 weeks they improve so much. i consistently take prednisone in 6 week doses and then 12 weeks off.

Jleavey | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/1/2020
Condition: Asthma

I have asthma and a few times a year I am given a prescription for prednisone to help Reduce the inflammation in my lungs. It definitely helps for a while, but the side effects are awful. I am prescribed 60 mg a day for five days. No weaning on or off. While taking the medicine and I am flushed and bright red and sweat profusely. Soaking my pillow and pjs. A day or two after stopping the prednisone, it gets bad. Hoarse voice, sore throat, headache, extreme fatigue, very dizzy, bloated, blurry vision, lump in my throat that I canâ??t clear, things taste very salty, ears hurt... now I need to miss work for these side effects. Read More Read Less

Lyn | 55-64 | Female | Caregiver
1/1/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Artery in the Temple Area

CVS stated. Claims regarding that it does not affect diabetic blood sugar readings that is completely inaccurate.the first thing the doctor told us is it will Spike his sugar and that's completely what it has done close to the 400 range normally around 140 to 180

fredoly | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/1/2019
Condition: Destruction of Red Blood Cells by Body's Own Antibodies

It has taken 9 months to taper down from 60mg daily. I just went from 20mg to 15mg. Knowing this drug would probably fix my blood issues is the only reason I kept going. Besides the crazy feeling at high doses it has given me eye flashes and cataracts in both eyes. My hips and shoulder have become very painful. My teeth have splintered vertically making them quite painful. The neuropathy in my feet has become worse. The shaking of my hands is slowly becoming better. Again, knowing this could help with my red blood cell anemia is the only reason I stuck with it. It's not fun, but guess Chemo wouldn't be either.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/1/2019
Condition: Destruction of Red Blood Cells by Body's Own Antibodies

Martin | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/8/2019
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

This med make you sicker and only controls sympthoms wich in this case is used for Myasthenia gravis. Dangerous med for long term of use. Try to avoid this med!!

tsteele93 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/14/2019

Threw out my back - BAD - right before Christmas. I was almost immobilized. Doctor prescribed me a pretty heavy round of Prednisone and it was like a miracle. Saved me from being on pain meds and I ended up taking two rounds and I was done. No serious side effects. I wish that I had these sitting around all the time for emergencies.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2019
Condition: Muscle or Bone Disorder

Put me on a high dosage for arthritis. I immediately started getting irregular heartbeats. I quite after 3 days of constant Afib, it's 3 weeks later and I still have it, although not constantly. I can't seem to find an article on how to correct this, if possible. I will never take western medicine pills again. They give you another pill to cover up the side effects of the first pill, and so on and so forth,where does it end. Garbage. And doctors act like they are doing you a favor.

Megan | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2019
Condition: Skin Rash with Sloughing

Took 40 mg a day for 5 days to reduce a stinging rash that was probably nummular eczema (previously mistaken for ringworm). The rashes have almost completely healed and have definately stopped spreading. Still sort of itchy. None of the medicines I took before helped.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/22/2019
Condition: Sarcoidosis

Nearly lost my vision due to steroid-induced cataracts and glaucoma. 10 eye surgeries over about 18 months. Prednisone did not help prevent onset of flares. Took 18 months to wean off of it. Went from oral diabetes drugs with night insulin to meal-time shots. Gained weight, moonface, all the horrible side effects. The vision risk is very real with prednisone, so much so that my eye docs will not put a prednisone drop in my eye. NEVER taking it again! "Blurry vision" is not an adequate description of the side effects.Read More Read Less