After years of being treated unsuccessfully for depression, my family doctor diagnosed me with ADD. I have only been on this medication for 1 month, but I want to know - is this what life is like for other people? Can life truly be this effortless? Gone are the constant extraneous thoughts. I can listen to people all the way through a whole sentence, and feel much more connected to the world....

I am a 45 year old female, recently diagnosed with ADHD, which I knew I had my whole life. I have often felt paralyzed and overwhelmed with so many things to do and can't stay on one task. I am opening a photography studio soon and am fearing failure due to my lack of organization. Strattera is the third med I have tried. Although it has calmed we way down, I feel I am too tired and not ambito...

P | 13-18 | Nonbinary | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

It elevated my depression symptoms, worsened my anxiety, and made me so drowsy I was sleeping upwards of 12 hours a day. I was literally miserable.

Patel | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/1/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Misdiagnosed as a child with strictly ADHD and was giving Adderall which made me feel horrible for years. Finally at 32 was prescribed Straterra and it is life changing- I wish I would have been taking this since I was in 5th grade.

Jessica | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/22/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I started at 40mg once a day. In the beginning it was kinda like taking an antidepressant for the first time, about 1.5hrs after I would take it my vision would change slightly. I also got a faint headache the first 2 weeks. I’m now on 80mg twice a day. I’ve always been a sweater, but I tell you what, I am SWEATY! other than this I feel like my sleep has got better and also being able to wake up on time!

Marty | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/19/2021

I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar with ADHD and anxiety. I am also a recovering drug addict. I experience cognitive impairment or “brain fog”. And needed something. It took 6 full weeks to see an improvement with cognition and was well worth the wait. I was skeptical of anything for ADHD that wasn’t a stimulant but give it a chance. There are minimal side effects.

ADHDMike | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/24/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

The first few weeks I had the same side effects as most people seem to on this. Especially getting dizzy very easily. Certain things would make me super sleepy like watching videos while taking this. It was hard to pee and I would get hot flashes. I also had some sexual side effects like ejaculation before orgasm and painful orgasm. BUT!! each week the side eeffects decreased a little bit and the helpful effects have increased. I also realized that having caffeine while taking this made the side effects much much worse so I stopped having caffeine and now the side effects are just that I get dizzy if I go up spiral stairs and oddly enough orgasms are more intense which is actually a good thing. Being used to stimulants I didn't think it was working at first since I didn't "feel" anything really other than maybe some slight difference in cognition. Then I realized I wasn't mentally exhausted all the time and I could keep up with cleaning and work. It made it easier to just do the work and not keep forgetting what I was doing or getting distracted. It's also helping my ability to socialize tremendously since my thoughts don't jump around as much maybe. It's effects are subtle and hard to tell exactly what or how it's improving my ADHD but it has changed my life! I'm primarily ADHD inattentive type.