I have extremely bad dandruff. I used the shampoo once a week and on another day I would use Nioxin. My dermatologist suggested alternating shampoos with different bases. I have curly hair, so I don't wash my hair more than twice a week. My hair isn't dried out either. I also use a topical steriod solution to calm itches as well as two steriod shots over a period of two weeks. So far, my scalp has...

Daughter | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
4/20/2021
Condition: Inflammation and Infection of Nail Cuticle

Applied to Mom's feet religiously for 6 months. Used cotton socks and sandals. No effect. Would NOT prescribe oral meds, stating they were "too hard on the liver." So she suffers with this instead. The toes catch on socks and are so thickened and distended that shoes don't fit properly.

chloetoast | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2019
Condition: Fungal Infection of Skin

Had a rash on the external sides of my mouth, got presribed this, and then made the life-regretful mistake of applying it not only to those areas but also on totally fine spots as a test, which were a spot on my forehead, around my nose and on my cheeks. After application, all spots burned a bit, but the next day the rash spots by my mouth had become so dry and lost virtually 100% elasticity. It bled if i even smiled and the skin were to stretch a little, and applying any moisturizers would make it burn 10/10 searing burning pain. This new condition then seemed to cycle on a monthly schedule of becoming almost normal then flaky then super dry and i cringed everytime this happened. As for the test spots, ALL of those spots are permanently thinned, weaker, and are lighter than the unmedicated skin, so i have a multitoned complexion now. I took this medication about 9 years ago and these effects are basically still there, except that the extremely dry spot on my mouth gradually improved their elasticity from year 5 and on. I've found that I've needed to drastically limit my sugar and carbs, otherwise those spots that were damaged by the ketoconazole all revert back. I honestly wish i could sue the doctor for causing me this permanent damage and urge everyone, if you will use this, use it as sparingly as possible because it can cause permanent damage to your skin. The label even said "could cause skin lightening, thinning, dryness", but who would ever imagine the extent and PERMANENT DAMAGE.

Marty | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/17/2019
Condition: Scaly Oily Skin Problem Primarily On Face and Scalp

This is one of the few shampoos that is effective for the stubborn dandruff I have had for many years. Prescription Selsun shampoo was also helpful. Shampoo with both 2% sulfur and salicylic were helpful in past.

Marty | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/17/2019
Condition: Scaly Oily Skin Problem Primarily On Face and Scalp

disappointed | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/3/2019
Condition: Ringworm of the Body

I had a two dime size ringworm infections. I went to the doctor prescribed me with Ketoconazole, and they are now both quarter and they are so itchy like hell. It is not effective at all!!!