I had my first treatment 7/2008 and was satisfied. My 2nd and last treatment was 5/2009 and i have healthier gums and no pain,nor bleeding w/ brushin & flossin. If you follow the dental hygenists's orders before and after ARESTIN you'll be fine. Colgate Total has some goods about it.

I had severe pain when before the treatment I was fine. I have already had to have 2 root canals and still have pain and may have to have another

Cat | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/13/2021

BEWARE OF THIS DRUG! I was treated for peridontal disease with Arestin at my dentist office. Unfortunately I was not warned of all the possible side affects Arestin can cause and there's is an extremely long list. I have had ear and sinus infections, pain behind my eyes, swollen mouth, I have a metallic taste in my mouth, my teeth are now sensitive which they were not before the treatment, Arestin has also caused abdominal pain and indigestion, felt achy all over. I was not told anything about possible side affects until I contacted my dentist about what I was experiencing since the treatment. All my dentist would say is follow up with your primary care doctor. The dentist wants to do another treatment in 3 months but that is not happening with Arestin.Read More Read Less

S | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/16/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

One month out I don’t know if this medication has helped with periodontal disease. I have noticed that three of my teeth have become very discolored at the root. They are turning brown! I have not changed anything about my home dental care. Going in to have them checked in a few days. I’m sure they will tell me it is not from the treatment, but I can not think of any other reason for it to be happening.

Mary | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

I went for a second opinion from another periodontist and learned I did not need any Arestin treatments. Very often it's a scam.

Hberlin | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2018
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

My experience has been as a patient receiving Arestin to treat a 4ml pocket. Within four hours of the insertion I developed a severe sore throat with lumps and rough sores on the ruff of my mouth, throat, and the side and under portion of my tongue. Extremely painful could hardly eat for two weeks. Had to see the doctor 4 times and finally called the Arestin manufactures and they confirmed this inflammation as a possible sided effect. Looking back I wish I had asked a lot more questions before allowing the procedure. I�m 17 days in and still in considerable pain.Read More Read Less

feelingduped | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2017

I went to the dentist for a filling; and the hygienist suggested Arestin for three teeth; I was in perfectly good health but since having the Arestin treatment I feel very light headed, have headaches and cannot sleep. And I had to pay out of pocket for this. Before I had the treatment I asked the hygienist if there are any side effects and he said none. Obviously he lied and this is only a money maker for the dentist. I don't know how effective the treatment is; but I don't trust this dental practice and will never return.Read More Read Less

jcardi | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/14/2015
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

I have used arestin for over a year treating different problematic areas. Each time I have had success. The pockets have went froma 5-6 down to 3-4s. Well worth it.

dj orlando | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/26/2015
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

After multiple applications, I have the same issues. I consider it a revenue generator not an effective treatment.

dee | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/11/2014

miagwj | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2014

Since arestin was used I have had a bad metalic tastr for about 5months

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/5/2014

I had it put in 4 different places in my gums 24 hrs ago..1 came out. I could feel it with my tongue & I spit it out.. it was yellow hard stuff. I googled what it looked like & that was it...No bad reactions so far..

annamaria | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/2/2013
rc | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2013

I have had severe reactions ranging from feeling freezing cold to shivers anxiety and hives. Not worth the money or the side effects. I have had it for a week and am still sick

In Debt! | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/22/2013
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

Exactly 10 days after having it put under my gums I started breaking out in hives and had sever facial swelling. Two trips to the ER for anaphylactic reaction two different DRs said that the most likely cause was the pellets and they needed to come out! Dentist did a deep cleaning and flush to remove Arestin. Thousands of dollars for the dental work now thousands more for major allergic reaction!

Sara | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2013

May 7, 2013: Yesterday 5/6/13 I had a deep cleaning of my upper teeth and the dentist applied 2 doses of arestin. While in her office, I felt the left side of my face swollen and I asked her but she just said it was something that will pass soon. Today the swelling is still there and I even see a green shade on the swollen area on my cheek. I am concerned that it might get worse.

mere | 55-64 | Female | Patient
1/24/2013
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

It has helped to heal my gums -- but I just had a sudden hive reaction after a 2nd application and some intestinal issues. My dentist claims its not the Arestin because it didn't happen within an hour after application. The only other time I had hives in my life was 40 years ago after taking too much of fat soluble vitamin. So I am convinced it's the Arestin being released into my system.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2012
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

This extremely helps pocketing due to periodontal disease and helped prevent further bone loss. Simple to place and worth the $$$

Georgia | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/11/2012
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

I haven't seen any results from having it inserted under my gums. Had I known before, I wouldn't have had it done. It can be costly so check out the costs before doing it.

Sammy1 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/15/2012

I had told the hygienist that I was sensitive to tetracycline- she said it would not enter the blood stream - I have been physically ill since this treatment- 1 week ago- I have referred pain (on the opposite side of my mouth)- I feel sick to my stomach- She said I am not swollen or sore around the site, so it is not a reaction to this. I strongly disagree- it says "Aresti should not be used in any patient with a known sensitivity to tetracycline.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2011
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

developed a strong allergic reaction with urticaria, swelling and welts

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/1/2010
Condition: Inflammation of the Tissues Surrounding a Tooth

I too, had a syringe with the med inserted beneath the affected gum tissue and experienced some tenderness at the sign but felt and saw quick results within 24 hours. Waiting for a follow up to see if any further treatment is required.