I gave my 2 year old son this med. for his ear infection and he felt better with in a matter of hours.

This medication caused severe pain, tinnitus, and hearing loss after two days use. I had neuralgia pain on one side of my head, which I would rate a nine out of ten on pain scale. I had otitis external and media which caused ear drum perforationn. As soon as the ENT started me on Ciprodex severe pain and vertigo started. I ended at the ER and switched to a different otic antibiotic and oral. By th...

A. Paladino | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/26/2021

I had a bacterial infection that caused severe wax buildup and swelling on and around my ear drum. I'm not certain but my inner ear was possibly also infected. Other medications had limited effectiveness. Ciprodex has proven to be the only medication that seems to have cured and solved my problem. The positive results were almost immediate.

Mimi | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/8/2021
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterial Infection

Had bad side effects, problems of feeling sick in my throat.

Heather | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2020
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Bacterial Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus

After reading the reviews, I feel I should let you know that it worked for me! I used it in combination with an oral antibiotic, and I felt relief within a few hours.

ktr143 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2019
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Bacterial Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus

I have used these drops twice for outer ear infections (swimmer's ear) and both times had horrible experiences. After the first day of using the drops, my ear infection and pain worsened significantly. Swelling increased, intense excruciating sharp pains and aches in my ear, completely closed up my ear canal, and the infection spread to my other ear both times. I could not function normally due to the level of pain I experienced. Pain in my entire face jaw, cheeks, temples, I couldn't even chew or sleep. I continued to use the drops as prescribed for 4 more days and experienced temporary hearing loss which lasted for about 3 weeks even after the pain, swelling, and infection cleared. These drops aggravated my condition TWICE and made the pain so much worse! I stopped using the drops and the infection cleared up on its own. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 0-2 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
3/1/2019
Rosi | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/15/2019

I have been using Ciprodex for 7 days. On my last day my ear start to rinning.So, I found here what garbage is Ciprodex.FDA IS GARBAGE TOO!!Now what?? My doctor said that Ciprodex is save even for children" Bullshit!!.Thank you God , that I have just rinning ,not completely lose my hearing.. Please don't use those ear drops. There are different ones and more save for your ear.

Sad | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2019

I have had these drops twice. The first time was for an outer ear infection. The drops cleared the infection, but my eardrum ruptured the day after I completed my 7 day treatment. The second time I was given these drops was a few days ago for a middle ear infection where the eardrum hole is still present, but was healing nicely. After two doses of these drops, I experienced severe, stabbing pain, as described by others here. Also, the hole in my eardrum is bigger and continues to get larger. I found a study online that said these drops delay the healing of the eardrum, which begs the question as to WHY a board certified ENT would prescribe them. The pain finally stopped, but I am sick over the healing of my eardrum being set back.Read More Read Less

Collegekid | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/13/2018
Condition: Middle Ear Infection Needing Tube Placed in Ear

Here’s the thing, obviously people who it doesn’t work for will have bad reviews. But are you really going to take an opinion from a grouch? I have chronic ear infections and have for 22 years. After loosing my hearing for 3 months in college I was prescribed this and it works magic for me. I feel an ear infect coming on and it completely makes it disappear.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2018
lolgfad | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2018
Condition: Middle Ear Infection Needing Tube Placed in Ear

I have tubes in my ear along with a perforation and infection so my ent prescribed me ciprodex. After the first day I felt better, everything felt a little clearer in my ear, on the second day it felt about the same but in the third day I felt a stinging pain in my ear like icey cold water was being pushed through my sinuses. I've had this problem once before, first relief then lagoon a few days later but I always try to give this medicine another shot because with my insurance it's only about a dollar to buy. I never knew that so many people feel this pain. Not sure if this medicine is even worth prescribing to patients anymore. I rather just pay for an oral prescription of ciprofloxen. Always the same relief then pain.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2017
Condition: Middle Ear Infection Needing Tube Placed in Ear

used Ciprodex Otic Suspension in left ear 3 drops,3 times a day for 10 days on Dr.'s RX . Now have no hearing in left ear.

B-ry | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/3/2017

Took this ear drops for an inflammed ear canal. The first two days were okay. Third day excruciating pain in which made me wanna go insane. 4th to end the pain disappeared and before you know it, the inflammation disappeared. No hearing loss, some tinnitus but it goes on and off. Overall, Ciprodex works. It's a Fluoroquinolone yes, but an extremely low Ciprofloxacin with Steroid Dex, so it wouldn't really flox you unless it was 100mg and up. Otherwise, these drops worked for me.

Justsomeguy | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/30/2017

This is one of the worse medications ever. The medicine causes more pain than what i was in to start with. I am writing this having been unable to sleep the whole night due to the incredible pain. Its like a hacksaw to the side of the head. Just take the oral antibiotics, there cheaper and won't require serious accompanying pain meds.

Johnny Earwax | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/10/2017
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Bacterial Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus

Developed an outer ear infection. Prescribed Ciprodex. Like some other reviewers, it DID feel like my ear closed up when I used it, but my ear was not actually closing up, it's just how it feels when you put liquid into an already inflamed ear canal. After maybe 3 days, my ear started to heal VERY quickly. These drops are much better than other, older brands. I found a lot of misleading information out there about it. If your doc prescribed it, just use it and enjoy your cure in a few days. These are twice a day, rather than 4 times a day like other drops. Only downside, it was very expensive so hope your insurance covers it.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/7/2017
Condition: Middle Ear Infection Needing Tube Placed in Ear

I have chronically draining ears and infections as well as recurring cholesteatoma. So I have been on cyprodex for a long time. No adverse side effects. It's pretty much the best thing they have for otic antibiotics.

rudy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2017
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Bacterial Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus

same problems everyone else had mention.There is something wrong. How could the f.d.a. aprrove this . i feel i got ripped off on this product

whatdoido | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2016
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterial Infection

I had a clogged ear. My ear felt as though I had water in it and it hurt a little bit. I made an appointment with the doctor. He said I have an infection and also a hole in my ear drum. He prescribed these ear drops. I've been using them for five days now and no effect at all. I am however experiencing hearing loss. When i went to the pharmascist i asked about the generic brand and they said there is none. I come to this website only to find out that was a lie. I don't know what titantis is and hope I don't get it. I am not happy about the fact I may have to go see another doctor. I have to pay for 25% of the doctor bill and to be prescribed a medicine that does not help after paying $225 is very discouraging. Another doctor another prescription. I will not be trusting this doctor again.Read More Read Less

Vanessa | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/27/2016
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterial Infection

I was in excruciating pain from my ear infection and was prescribed Ciprodex. I used it yesterday and was crying from the pain. Today I went back to the dr. She said my symptoms have worsened. She perscribed hydrocodone. With the pain slightly more managed with the meds I have now been able to pinpoint that it's the Ciprodex that is causing most of the pain! Severe swelling and I am unable to open my mouth due to jaw pain. I read these are the side effects but, not acceptable!

TiffanyE | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2016
Condition: Acute Outer Ear Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterial Infection

Experience tinnitus (ringing in the ears) after first dosage when taken as prescribed. 14 hours later when the high pitched ringing was still present I scheduled the earliest ENT appointment I could find, returned to Urgent Care and called the pharmacy and drug company to report the adverse reaction.

Jack Be Humble | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/20/2016
Condition: Middle Ear Infection Needing Tube Placed in Ear

I had a tube placed in my ear because of problems due to my eustachian not working properly. Developed a bacterial infection. Because I suffer from suppressed immune system, the doctor didn't want to kid around; he prescribed a powerful oral antibiotic along with this medication. The combination has eliminated the infection. The doctor provided a discount card which, combined with my insurance, brought the copay down to $25; getting the card accepted by Rite-Aid was a 3 day chore, while suffering with the infection symptons. I experienced minor a minor side effect of frequency being off in the affected ear while using the drops... but after the ear dried up when the treatment was done, all symptoms went away.Read More Read Less