THIS MEDICATION IS VERY GOOD FOR ALLERGIC REACTIONS. IT STOPS THE ITCHING IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES. THIS DRUG ALS0 HELPS WITH SLEEPING...I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO HAS FREQUENT REACTIONS WHICH RESULT IN HIVES OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING AND THE REACTIONS ARE UNKNOWN.....

Once I saw it could cause heart disturbances I refused to take this drug. I am using benedryl instead. The risks seem to be very high with this drug with what I see as a low effectiveness for the risks at hand.

CW | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/23/2022
Condition: Anxious

I don't normally give reviews, but I've been through such a nightmare, trying to get treatment for SEVERE panic attacks of which I have never had before, that have completely debilitated my life the last 9 wks. Do your homework because not all doctors can be trusted. No matter what it is you're being prescribed medication for, do your research on line. My experience with hydroxyzine has has been a very unsafe result. I'm in by mid-60s and my PCP prescribed Lexapro and Hydroxyzine for my severe panic attacks. Lexapro made me depressed and I wasn't depressed to begin with, I flushed it, and here's what I experienced and learned about Hydroxyzine. NOT a medication to be taken during the day. It will knock you out. I began to do research on the internet and found out that hydroxyzine will increase the effects if you are a person on metoprolol for high blood pressure, the Dr. and pharmacy both should have known? Do NOT take during the day if you have to drive, work, cook, or operate any machinery, it is completely unsafe to take during the day. I also found out that if you're in your mid 60s this is NOT a medication that should be prescribed, it is unsafe. I couldn't concentrate on anything like driving, I forgot why I walked in the room, I left the water running in the bathroom sink, NEVER have I done these thing before using hydroxyzine. It took nearly two weeks for me to feel normal again. But, if you need something to help you sleep, this will do it. Read More Read Less

Neva | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2022
Condition: Itching

Was given this for itching due to eczema and for anxiety. Within a week the itching had not gotten better and I was so irritable I didn't even want to be around me. I have depression as well and this medicine was heading me in the wrong direction.

B | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/6/2022
Condition: Anxious

Got prescribed this medication for my severe anxiety and panic attacks. 20 mins after taking it I was so calm and I felt normal again.. I loved it. Slept through the whole night and felt rested but my heart started pounding out of my chest. Elevated heart rate the rest of the next day and sorta out of it. I would love to have a pill that does exactly what hydroxyzine did in the beginning without the horrible day after side effects.

David Bosley | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/4/2022
Condition: Anxious

During my Autism Re-evaluation from my doctors up in Cincinnati last week they gave me this medicine that would help stop my anxiety and itchiness in 30 minutes or more and so far it has helped my anxiety much better than Zoloft did to me about 6 years ago. so if anyone would needs this drug i would highly recommend to get this one because it can help your anxiety in a much better way compared to Zoloft.

R. Williams | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/2/2022
Condition: Itching

I have taken this medication for over 20 years, I woke up one day and was allergic to everything I put in my mouth. From Pizza to Pepto-Bismol, certain food preservatives and even passing a McDonald’s my throat would start closing and I could feel a problem coming on and thank God a doctor Tried this medication on me back then because I still have the allergies or sensitivities and stuff I quit drinking because that was causing me to not be able to breathe the hops the barley etc. and now I’ve quit smoking back in December I’m thankful for this medication because with Benadryl I would have to take 150 mg a day ! ! Where is I take one of these every other day cannot take more than one at a time and I feel it’s much safer for my symptoms in my body.Read More Read Less

Anxi123 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2022
Condition: Anxious

I am a 6 foot 1 man. It works for me well. The only downside is that I feel like a robot throughout the day. The confusion is very annoying, but it's like short-term things like where my car is or why I am at the store. I waited in the wrong line for 30 mins. That was fun, but I'm so relaxed I just brushed it off. I recommend taking it before bed or ass needed, but I've been going through a lot recently, and it helped ten fold.

Disallusioned | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/20/2022
Condition: Inducing of a Relaxed Easy State

I am taking it for anxiety and depression. It is also supposed to help me sleep. Doesn’t work at all. All doctors are pushing this because basically it is a placebo. They push it at Urgent Care, so that tells you something. Doctors are too afraid to give you anything anymore that really helps because of lawsuits. Sadly, we all suffer with no help. ??

Magpie126 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/6/2022
Condition: Itching

My doctor put me on this because she didn’t want to give me clonzepam anymore because it is too addictive and I also am an alcoholic in recovery and no one seems to trust alcoholics. I take it for many things, but mainly for my anxiety and it helps some but not as good as clonzepam. It does make you drowsy at first so I used to only take it at night and it helped me sleep which was another reason my doctor put me on it. It also works for itching and I love that because I am an itchy person and this makes a difference. I can now take up to 100 mgs at a time and am not very sleepy at this point which is good and bad I guess. Now I take it 100 mg at night and 50-100mg as needed for panic attacks. No real side effects except for being drowsy Read More Read Less

Carolyn | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2022
Condition: Hives

This medication took care of my chronic hives immediately where Benedryl did nothing. ! I may still break out, but the itching is completely gone. However, it leaves me in a stupor well after I'm up for the day. Because of that, I'm talking to my doctor for another alternative.

si | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Anxious

I take it for anxiety before bed it works just fine and helps me sleep

Becca M | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/15/2022
Condition: Anxious

I have taken this medication for two years now and don’t take it everyday like it’s prescribed to me. I’m on it for anxiety and panic attacks however i have noticed my body began to build a tolerance to it and it no longer worked like it was supposed. Definitely not a long term med.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/30/2022
Condition: Itching

Got diagnosed with pityriasis rosea (a common rash that thankfully goes away on its own) and was prescribed hydroxyzine to ease the itching. I was on 25mg and was to take 1-2 a night before bed. I found it very helpful - it made the itching go away and made me feel much better as I waited for the rash to go away on its own. I didn’t really have any negative side effects - got drowsy but that’s to be expected and didn’t cause me any issues. I had a very good experience.

Viewer | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2022
Condition: Anxious

I took a 25mg dose of this medication last night and within about 2 hrs or so, I started experiencing heart palpitations. OMG!!! Didn’t realize it was from this medication until I read these reviews. I was prescribed to take medication at bedtime as needed.

Ari | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/28/2022
Condition: Anxious

I have been having pretty severe anxiety. My panic attacks have been getting worse. Right when I feel myself building up to an episode, I take this. Within a few minutes I feel everything calm down. It’s amazing. My world stops spinning, my arms don’t feel on fire, my heart stops pounding and racing. Smoothly but quickly. I never thought my panic attacks will be manageable and I can work through my worries without having to freak out every time! I also suffer from insomnia, and this puts me out! And I wake up slightly groggy but I feel great. Awesome stuff (: Read More Read Less

jojo1984 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/28/2022
Condition: Inducing of a Relaxed Easy State

i was prescribed this for insomnia. it works and has a calming effect. however, i wake up feeling a little groggy but after tea do well. then about 10 hours later like clockwork, i feel like i’ve been drugged and have to go to sleep. i wake up at six am but then pass out at 5 pm again. not very helpful. i don’t think i’ll ever get my insomnia figured out

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/13/2021

im 40 male. Took for insomnia. Taken hydroxyzine for 19 nights, and developed depression, anxiety, brain fog, chronic constipation, chronic dry nose, panic, brain fog, decreased cognitive function, suicidal thoughts, other symptoms.The american sleep council doesnt reccomend this for insomnia, and these types of drugs (anticholinergics) can lead to dementia, alzheimers, and cognitive decline. I stopped two months ago and still have all my side effects,, Didnt have none of these until i started the medication. Very dangerous and eveyone considering taking this should be cautioned before hand! I had to quit my job after this, and cant hardly do anything anymore,, and thats nothing compared to if these effects wont subside eventually.Read More Read Less

Sunrise | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/22/2021
Condition: Itching

Posted about my 92 yr old mom in reference to this med for itching. It did help her but now for the past 48 hrs she is having severe constipation with spasm like labor pains. Stopped the med last night.

Nurse Betty | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/20/2021
Condition: Itching

Helped my 92 yr old mom that is bedridden at home and it took over a day to start helping. Now it works like a charm. 0.25 mg every 6 hrs. Only give her one in morning and one at night.

I.M.Stoonard | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/19/2021
Condition: Hives

Prescribed for servere Hives and being Narcoleptic this was a disaster for me personally. I'm letting anyone know, this was not even a downer , it was ZOMBIE time. As soon as it took affect I regretted it. I was completely useless ,I could not focus on even small tasks. Was in the bathroom way more than my waterpills. The FDA oviously checks what they want , as I see no reason for the discription of this drug , so I can't blame the prescriber This is a useless pill that probably makes millions for peddlers of this drug. Buyer Beware. I've know it's a bummer but you really need to read the more than the labelRead More Read Less

VcP | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2021
Condition: Itching

TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: I took 25 mg. pill for post op facial cosmetic surgery itching. Pharmacy instructions were to take every 6-8 hours for itching. I took second 25 mg. pill six hours after the first one as itching was interfering with my sleep. Even 19 hours after first pill (11 hours after second pill) I had difficulty balance, nausea, headache, blurred vision. I weigh 116 lb. Surgeon told me after this reaction to only take one at night before going to sleep. I decided to return to Tylenol PM (with Benadryl) which has minimal side effects the next day and relieves the itching.Read More Read Less