I requested this medication after previous use of synthroid with no alleviation of symptoms. I no longer have to take naps to get through the day, my skin is no longer too dry and my antidepressant med is working better. My menstrual cycle is not as severe as before. It did take several weeks for me to see consistent improvement, but that is to be expected.

Weight gain, increased and on constant depression, sleep problems and tired most of the time. Been on Med for 3 weeks. Going to get another blood test to see what is going on.

reptilian | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/30/2018
Condition: Mild Underactive Thyroid

Liothyronine works for me. Feel better. No side effects. Good lab results. (so much better than lexothyroxine.) My only complaint is - I'd swear some of the generic versions have little to no active ingredient. I never knkow what I'm going to get. The generics I was given have an actual dosage that is lower than marked. I can feel the difference. I'm back to 2 hour naps and a body that doesnt want to move.

Lisa M | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/30/2018
Condition: Serious Decrease in Thyroid Function

This medication is a lifesaver! I originally started on t3 alone to augment my depression but it turned out to be my thyroid all along. I now take it in addition to natural dessicated thyroid. To people that have had bad reactions, please note that you may have a cortisol issue and/or iron deficiency and/or other vitamin deficiencies that are made more apparent while stating this medication. Please make sure all your vitamin/minerals are checked along with saliva cortisol to see if they are in good range before starting this medication. I guarantee this will rid you of 98% of all hypo symptoms. I’m no longer extremely fatigued, no deprsssion, no anxiety, no insomnia, no cold, have lost weight and kept it off, no more coldness, hair is full and shiny, eyebrows cake back, etc.

Deb | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2017
Condition: Mild Underactive Thyroid

I have been taking 5 MCG of Liothyronine and 25MCG of Levothyroxine for my underactive thyroid for 3 months. I have had extreme hair loss, am very fatigued, have had brain fog, stomach bloat and brittle nails. My blood pressure has gone up 20 points. I just had another blood test to check my levels and am waiting for the results. I am not sure if these symptoms are supposed to level out but I feel so much worse since taking this medication. I cannot wait to talk to my doctor.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/11/2017
Amj | 45-54 | Female | Patient
2/13/2017
Condition: Mild Underactive Thyroid

It's working to a degree. More energy. But I can't sleep and then I feel exhausted in the morning. I have little to no appetite which is good except I almost forget to eat now. Hair loss is out of control. Pulling my hair off of everything and everyone. Not sure sure if the pros are worth the cons. I miss good sleep the most. I could sleep like a baby now it's so hard. ;(