I took two tablets per day for several years. Whenever I tried to stop, my heartburn was much worse than when I first started the treatment. I also had a lot of bloating, but did not make the connection. When I started noticing that my hair was thinning considerably, I went on line to find out the causes of hair loss. Imagine my surprise to find that acid inhibitors can cause hair loss. I hav...

I have just started. What time of the day should it be taken? morning noon or night

Grandma 3d | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2020
Condition: Heartburn

Prilosec should be outlawed and destroyed. It causes cancer. In so many drugs the FDA allowed for sale do more harm than good. The pharmaceutical companies are in control of the FDA. . As usual it’s about Money. FDA cares about money more than safety for the citizens of the United States. https://www.levinlaw.com/prilosec-nexium-lawsuit

Terri | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/23/2020
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

Acquired chronic kidney disease after about 10 years of use.would not recommend this.had Helio cobactor pylori bacteria from bad drinking watee until I was a n my 50s

XGuilt | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/26/2018
Condition: Inflammation of the Esophagus with Erosion

Have taken 14-day doses for years but have been on it continuously for months now. It eliminates my swallowing problem, but have just developed very dry mouth and throat. Manufacturer told me the 14-day advertised limit is only because that's the extent of its clininical trials. My doctor advises 'permanent' dosing no problem. We'll see, as eliminating swallowing problem is worth some side effects.

Webmd | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/18/2017
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/9/2017
Condition: Heartburn

I have been taking this for 20 years. Everything gives me heartburn and indigestion, even water. It starts to work on me within 30 minutes, unlike what the commercials say.