I take this along with Bumetanide and it works fantastic! Metolazone could get water out of a rock. I do however have much lower potassium from taking this, so if you are thinking of taking it make sure to to have your Dr. check your levels regularly, I take 800MG of an OTC Potassium Chloride (make sure it's Potassium chloride as other types of potassium will not be enough to make a difference no ...

I went to my MD because I had 2+ pitting edema in my lower legs. He instructed me to take it every other day. Day 1 NO increase in urination Edema up to 3+. My ankles now hurt due to the edema.

Daisy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/27/2020
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure

Metolazone is the absolute worst drug. I have to take it for fluid buildup 1 - 2 a month. When I do take it, my potassium levels go critically low and I end up with acute kidney failure. However, I don't have any other choice because the Torsemide that I take daily has all but stopped working. This stuff is the devil. If you can avoid it, you would be better off to do so.

Floridaman | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/17/2018
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure

My cardiologist prescribed me this water pill due to edema on both upper and lower extremities and fluid accumulation in my abdomen, It works fast and after 5 days I had hypokalemia.

Marlo | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/21/2014

I have used Metolazone for years, and it has worked better than any water pill out there. But the longer you are on it the less effective it is. It did take a long time but now the swelling is back in my abdomen and ankles. I take this for heart issues, and if the dose is doubled, the water gain goes up, and postassium goes down

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2013

I was given this med due to swelling in legs and cramps at nigt.

Shawn | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/6/2013
Condition: Fluid in the Lungs due to Chronic Heart Failure

So far so good, but my heart rate is a bit irregullar with this and I am only on a small dose. Do you get use to this after awhile??