I started taking Celexa 20mg (generic citalopram, its a lot cheaper) The first week of August this year. I was diagnosed with Major Depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I take it once a day at night (with food to diminish any possible gastrointestinal side effects). I am feeling 100% better than I did just a few months ago. I could not be more satisfied with the outcome. Before, I could no...

I have only taken 2 pills so far

Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Nate | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/29/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

at first, Celexa was my saving grace. It pulled me out of a very dark point in my life. slowly after 6 months, it stopped working, and then began working against me. it intensified my symptoms of depression. I went from feeling full of life to more suicidal than I'd ever been before. I started sleeping for upwards of 16 hours a day. I stopped attending school and when I did I slept in class. I slept, not because I was fatigued, but because I didn't want to be awake. Sleep was the closest I could get to death without hurting anyone. I'd wake up angry that I didn't die in my sleep. I dreamt about killing myself. I'd never before wanted to die so badly. this effect made me not want to take it at all. I'd talk to my doctor and he'd up my dose and contact me 2 weeks later to check in. Usually I was doing better. but after a month, I was back in the same pattern of living without wanting to live. this happened 3 times, and after the third time, my doctor had to take me off of it because I was so miserable and depressed that I didn't even realize it was the fault of the medication and instead blamed myself for being too depressed to be helped. Personally, I would not recommend Celexa to anyone.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/15/2020
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I will never take Celexa again, not only was it totally ineffective, but I even had major side effects one of them being self-harm when I had never before I started taking it and never after I stopped.

Erica | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/20/2020
Condition: Depression

I've been taking Celexa 10 mg. for depression for 2 weeks. I've experienced Terrible headaches, Nausea...(Bad stomach aches