this med works along with other medications I take .. most adverse symptoms of feeling tired or zombie is due to, as my cardiologist says, because your body is used to functioning on high blood pressure .. therefore you body goes thru a with draw like stage as it gets used to lower blood pressure .. as your body gets used to running on lower pressure, than most symptoms will disappear .. its scary...

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
7/23/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Had not taken it yet what I am reading cause me not to to take it. Because I have had these problems before. I already take 3 meds for hp

Jay S | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Two weeks after taking 2 x 50mg per day, I developed the worst constipation I ever experienced (I am 75). All the usual remedies have had no effect and twice now I've had to take Magnesium Citrate which adversely affects the gut microbiota. I plan to ask my Dr for a different prescription.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Side effects were difficult to handle from extreme nausea, constipation and/or diarrhea with stomach grumbling and cramps. General feeling of illness. Weakness in legs, dry mouth with bad breath.

DIANA | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/28/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I had been taking 3 other blood pressure medications Carveldilol Lisnopril AMLODIPINE BESYLATE but they never brought down my BP which was running 160 over 84 so the doctor advised stopping them off and put me on Hydralazine 50mg. I took it and my BP went down immediately 107 over 50 but I felt awful-no energy, nauseous, dizzy, tingling in my arms and legs so I called the doctor to tell him. My doctor said it was too strong for me and to cut it in half and not to take anymore that day. So the next morning, because I had gotten so scare, I cut the pill into quarters and just took a quarter of the pill. My BP was 134 over 66 and I felt better. I am going to continue this lower dosage and see how I feel for the next few days and then increase to half and see how that goes. So far so good.Read More Read Less

Mary | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/30/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have taken this drug for two weeks and BP has not dropped with terrible side effects- light headed,vision effected - urine retention ,weight gain most horrible feeling.The .. dr Told me it takes about a month?

motomom327 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have really back headaches nothing helps, sleepy, brain fog and depression, crying out of nowhere.

Hydralazine | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This BP medicine needs to be pulled off the market. Was prescribed this medication two weeks ago, my BP spiked on Monday to 194/117...headache, foggy brain, rapid heart rate and feeling of panic were the symptoms I received. Of course I was rushed to the ER spend two days in hospital trying to get my BP down...leaving today at 128/81 with Metoprolol and Amlodipine and Cloimodine as needed...That damn Hydralazine was poison to my body...

Sanny | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/4/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My BP has been tettering around 147/80s and my dr put me on 100mg. I only took 1 pill and my heart started racing like I just ran a marathon, and I’m here with this severe Headache. Never again.

Bill H. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/12/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

As long as I take it consistently, this medication brings my blood pressure down to acceptable levels. I don't care for having to take it 3 times a day, but it's better than having high blood pressure. The side effects are minimal. Better than amlodipine which was horrible.

Cindygr | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I developed SEVERE hypertension during night while sleeping. Had bp's 180-210/90-112. During day bp was 110/60. I thought I would stroke out every night for 2 months. Different meds were tried during this 2 months. Hydralazine saved my life by reducing my dangerous bp every nite. Supposed cause was onset of sleep apnea. Took this med at night until the greatest ARB fully kicked in. On Candesartan 16 mg every evening and 24/7 have perfect bp's but I needed 75mg hydralazine every night to prevent a stroke or heart attack. I absolutely did have some chest discomfort when I took the H but since it brought my bp down safely I tolerated it. I love Candesartan. Have dry mouth but no other side effects.Read More Read Less

FL Heat | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/11/2020

sometimes 118, 124. mostly 145ish better than 155, 165 says Dr

Mary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This medicine increased my blood pressure because of the horrible side effects. I had lingering headaches, dizziness and diarrhea. This medicine was awful.

AGibson | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I think doctors perscribe more medication because they can . I am already on a BP medication . I am out though and wondering if I should take a Hydralazine Tab .

T-bone | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/13/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This drug saved my life. There were times when my BP was so high I had to slam liquor to lower it. Drinking like that only made it high again the next day, I no longer have to do that.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

tOOK ONE PILL. oNE HOUR LATER BP WENT 190 AND HEART RATE WENT TO 154 After trip to ER where I had 360 mg of Diltiazem over 12 hour period--heart rate is still 125. Told to never take another one of these.

KimiS | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Makes my ankles and legs swell terribly so and fluids pooling in the lower half of body, my blood pressure was still elevated, severe headaches, eye pressure, backaches or kidney aches, decreased urination, feet, and hands freezing from lack of circulation. Makes me feel like I might get a blood clot in my legs from the leg and calf swelling and I'm so tired on it, very slight itching of the rear end but not as bad as some others, less chest pain than with others.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

was diagnosed with post partum hypertension a month after my son was born so I was put on 10mg hydralazine 3x a day. Was running 180's/100's and it brought it down to 130's/80's. Have had no major side effects just a slight dry mouth. 4 months later my bp has climbed to 140's/80's so I'm being switched to losartan, hoping it works.

Dave | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/2/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My condition is high blood pressure. I was already taking other meds to lower my bp. It would spike ocassionally. My last readings at dr.s office was 146/75. Which is not that high. Dr prescribed hydrazaline 50mg 2x a day. I started taking it and instantly a really bad headach. I continued for a week and side effect got worse. Irregular heart rate with tightness, diarrea,lack of appetite, extreme tiredness and weakness, itching to name a few. I discontinued on my own. Sometimes its just not worth it. It actually didnt even lower my bp. After i stop taking it my bp returned back to normal which is about 130/70 for me. Never again.Read More Read Less

[email protected] | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Hospitalized with acute pancreatitis and they gave me one dose of hydralazine instead of my usual high blood pressure meds. Shortly after receving that one dose, I had trouble breathing, a very congested head and nausea. I never want to see that medicine again.

Argekay | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/6/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have highly resistant hypertension. I was on valsartan hctz, bystolic,and diltiazem together and still had blood pressure of 175/100. It was not until I added hydralazine 25mg three times a day test my blood pressure wad normalized. My blood pressure is now 110/65. This drug saved my life.