this med works along with other medications I take .. most adverse symptoms of feeling tired or zombie is due to, as my cardiologist says, because your body is used to functioning on high blood pressure .. therefore you body goes thru a with draw like stage as it gets used to lower blood pressure .. as your body gets used to running on lower pressure, than most symptoms will disappear .. its scary...

motomom327 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have really back headaches nothing helps, sleepy, brain fog and depression, crying out of nowhere.

Hydralazine | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This BP medicine needs to be pulled off the market. Was prescribed this medication two weeks ago, my BP spiked on Monday to 194/117...headache, foggy brain, rapid heart rate and feeling of panic were the symptoms I received. Of course I was rushed to the ER spend two days in hospital trying to get my BP down...leaving today at 128/81 with Metoprolol and Amlodipine and Cloimodine as needed...That damn Hydralazine was poison to my body...

Sanny | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/4/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My BP has been tettering around 147/80s and my dr put me on 100mg. I only took 1 pill and my heart started racing like I just ran a marathon, and I’m here with this severe Headache. Never again.

Bill H. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/12/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

As long as I take it consistently, this medication brings my blood pressure down to acceptable levels. I don't care for having to take it 3 times a day, but it's better than having high blood pressure. The side effects are minimal. Better than amlodipine which was horrible.

Cindygr | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I developed SEVERE hypertension during night while sleeping. Had bp's 180-210/90-112. During day bp was 110/60. I thought I would stroke out every night for 2 months. Different meds were tried during this 2 months. Hydralazine saved my life by reducing my dangerous bp every nite. Supposed cause was onset of sleep apnea. Took this med at night until the greatest ARB fully kicked in. On Candesartan 16 mg every evening and 24/7 have perfect bp's but I needed 75mg hydralazine every night to prevent a stroke or heart attack. I absolutely did have some chest discomfort when I took the H but since it brought my bp down safely I tolerated it. I love Candesartan. Have dry mouth but no other side effects.Read More Read Less

FL Heat | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/11/2020

sometimes 118, 124. mostly 145ish better than 155, 165 says Dr

Mary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This medicine increased my blood pressure because of the horrible side effects. I had lingering headaches, dizziness and diarrhea. This medicine was awful.

AGibson | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I think doctors perscribe more medication because they can . I am already on a BP medication . I am out though and wondering if I should take a Hydralazine Tab .

T-bone | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/13/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This drug saved my life. There were times when my BP was so high I had to slam liquor to lower it. Drinking like that only made it high again the next day, I no longer have to do that.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

tOOK ONE PILL. oNE HOUR LATER BP WENT 190 AND HEART RATE WENT TO 154 After trip to ER where I had 360 mg of Diltiazem over 12 hour period--heart rate is still 125. Told to never take another one of these.

KimiS | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Makes my ankles and legs swell terribly so and fluids pooling in the lower half of body, my blood pressure was still elevated, severe headaches, eye pressure, backaches or kidney aches, decreased urination, feet, and hands freezing from lack of circulation. Makes me feel like I might get a blood clot in my legs from the leg and calf swelling and I'm so tired on it, very slight itching of the rear end but not as bad as some others, less chest pain than with others.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

was diagnosed with post partum hypertension a month after my son was born so I was put on 10mg hydralazine 3x a day. Was running 180's/100's and it brought it down to 130's/80's. Have had no major side effects just a slight dry mouth. 4 months later my bp has climbed to 140's/80's so I'm being switched to losartan, hoping it works.

Dave | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/2/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My condition is high blood pressure. I was already taking other meds to lower my bp. It would spike ocassionally. My last readings at dr.s office was 146/75. Which is not that high. Dr prescribed hydrazaline 50mg 2x a day. I started taking it and instantly a really bad headach. I continued for a week and side effect got worse. Irregular heart rate with tightness, diarrea,lack of appetite, extreme tiredness and weakness, itching to name a few. I discontinued on my own. Sometimes its just not worth it. It actually didnt even lower my bp. After i stop taking it my bp returned back to normal which is about 130/70 for me. Never again.Read More Read Less

[email protected] | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Hospitalized with acute pancreatitis and they gave me one dose of hydralazine instead of my usual high blood pressure meds. Shortly after receving that one dose, I had trouble breathing, a very congested head and nausea. I never want to see that medicine again.

Argekay | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/6/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have highly resistant hypertension. I was on valsartan hctz, bystolic,and diltiazem together and still had blood pressure of 175/100. It was not until I added hydralazine 25mg three times a day test my blood pressure wad normalized. My blood pressure is now 110/65. This drug saved my life.

Polly | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/24/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Every once in a while - about once a month - my BP will spike and I have a terrible time getting it back down again. I have talked to someone else that takes it and she said she had the same problem. I don't know if there is a RX that doesn't have side effects. I would like to find a NAUTRAL CURE for my BP instead of just covering the symptoms (which seems to be all RX drugs can do).

Alex | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have chronic kidney failure and my GFR went from 28 to 19 in about 4 weeks on this drug. If you use it get a blood test!!!!! I checked because I was passing out and weak. Every thing kept spinning.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/10/2018
DonnaG | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Every person is different. There are many drugs I have an allergic reaction to that others can take. I am able to take 25mg Hydralazine tab x2d without issue. My BP has dropped from mid 140s to normal.

Mateo | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/10/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I started with 25mg 3x a day, but since hydrazaline did not change my blood pressure from 168-185/85-90, doctor increased the dosage to 50 mg 3x a day. Now my blood pressure hangs around 153/66. Doctor said he wants it lower like to 130/75-80. Besides a racing heart beat, I experience chills a lot; seems like I cannot get warm enough. Also, it made my head feel funny, something like dizziness but not a headache. A pharmacist recommended meclizine to ease the sensation. At times, I become extremely hyperventilated. I will continue this medication, until doctor tells me otherwise.Read More Read Less