Foods You Can Have: 1.Meats: (Can’t be spoiled or pickled, aged, smoked, fermented, or marinated) •Chicken •Beef 2.Vegetables: (Only allowed to be steamed or eaten raw) •Broccoli (Good for the liver) •Mashed Potatoes •Carrots (Good for the liver) •Onion (Good for the liver) •Beets (Good for the liver) •Cabbage (Good for the liver) •Cauliflower (Good for the liver) •Garlic (...

My daughter (in her early teens) took this medicine for 9 months after a supposedly positive PPD. The doctors insisted she take it even though her chest x-rays came negative, and I trusted them enough to follow their directions. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. My daughter experienced mood swings while taking it. Even though her emotional symptoms seem resolved since completing the 9 month treatment, ...

Pablo | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

Just started treatment. I am on my second dosage day. It maybe to early to provide symptoms but i have to say that i did have 2 side effects. Double vision for a few seconds and oddly alot of heat. I felt like i was in an oven. My breath fell like a volcano. Other than that i havent felt nothing else but sleepy and tired.

latenttbgirl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2019
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I went into things not knowing what to expect. I was told that one alcoholic drink wouldn't hurt me but after a single drink I was in excruciating pain and it hurt to move. Towards the beginning I had a fever every day for about 3 weeks which eventually went away. Each month I got a huge rash on my face, almost like blistering acne. This has only gotten worse and now will not go away. Granted I have entered my last month of treatment so hopefully things will only be up from here!

Regretthismed | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2019
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I took 900mg of Isoniazid and priftin for 3 months. I was very sick on this medication. Nausea, skin rash, fatigue, dizzinessneuropathy in hands and feet. Also 1 month after started treatment I ended up with Bell's Palsy. Thankfully that cleared up after a month of having my face paralyzed. I did eat the low histimine diet as well as the higher doses of B vitamins. Six months later I have neuropathy still as well as skin rashes and fatigue. I just simply feel like garbage. I have had 2 bouts of bronchitis and my Dr. told me my immune system is low. I regret taking this medicine.Read More Read Less

d,d's doin' | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2018
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

my treatment with isoniazid has been very bad, my dr at the lcid took me off the med, after i complained of overall jittery, headaches the worst is the feeling of being high all day long even as i type this its ongoing i can't function correctly NEED HELP!

bugsy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/25/2017
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

ive been on this med for inactive tb..about one month now, it makes me very tired, i was also put on rifampin...and got seizures from that..so just this med plus b6...not bad, but makes me feel run down.

Kimmy | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/7/2017
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I read through all the reviews and thanks to everyone, it sure helped me. I will start my medication today with the B6 for 9 months. So I am going to give it a chance but I am scared. Good luck to everyone.

akiflower | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/13/2017
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I've been taking this for a month and a half with another drug for inactive TB. This stuff kicks my butt. Nasuea for about an hour after i take it. Joint pain, moodiness. Not had my liver functions checked but I seem fine. If it works it work but I'll be glad to be off of it.

needtransplant | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/1/2017
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

After 1 week on this drug combined with rifampin, I was having stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea, weakness, and extreme mental confusion. My doctor removed me from therapy for 1 week and then resumed therapy with rifampin only. I completed a 5 month treatment program feeling poorly the entire time. Within 2 months later, my kidney function dropped drastically and 2 months after that, I was in acute kidney failure and on dialysis. My kidney function never recovered and now, 2 years later I am awaiting kidney transplant. If you have any negative symptoms while on these drugs - watch your kidneys closely as ordinary blood and urine testing did not alert my medical team to the possibility that my kidneys were in trouble.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/19/2016
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I am down to 15 days left after nearly nine months on this drug. I have not noticed any issues. My infectious disease doctor did not check my liver functions but I have felt fine. its a long stretch taking these medications everyday but you can do it. Is worth it when you consider it lowers the likely hood of getting full on TB.

ProudCNA1 | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2016
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I started to take this medication about 2 weeks ago because of a positive PPD test, but CXR came back normal. my Dr then prescribed this medication because he said it was latent TB within a couple of days I started to notice moderate to severe abdominal cramps and nausea and I also have had a UTI I'm not sure if the medication had anything to do with the UTI either but the abdominal cramps are always there.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/27/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I have been taking Isoniazaid for 4 mounths, i havent had any major problems, first month i noticed tingling, but it went away after 2 days. I did feel nauseated, but i cant confirm that was the medicine or not. Havent had any issues yet except for tingling in the wrist now. Cant descibe the effectiveness as its not active tb.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/12/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I have 2 more days of a six month regimen of isoniazid. Blurry vision at times not severe enough to discontinue, tolerable. There is no way to judge whether this will prevent me from TB but the evidence is there it will reduce my chances. I tested positive for TB with a clear chest X-ray. I did not follow food guidelines and sometime did have upset stomach. After 3 months my liver enzymes went up more than 3 times upper limit of normal. My MD is watching it closely. Now in the home stretch. Glad I did it!Read More Read Less

Kels | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/10/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I have been taking isoniazid for 10 weeks for inactive tb. Everything was fine until I started to get flu like symptoms - chills, muscle/joint pains, sweats and headaches. Then I contacted dr because I wasn't getting any better for 2 weeks! Took blood test and my liver level went up 40 times what was before I started taking this medicine. Dr told me to stop taking it and the day I stopped taking it I felt perfectly fine. I don't drum nor I had any liver problems before. So be aware of your liver levels.Read More Read Less

Lady L | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/29/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I had a positive blood test for Latent TB and a clear chest xray. Doc says I have to take INH and B6 for 6 months. I'm now on week 7 of taking the pills. It has been and up & down situation for me. Upon first starting the treatment, I felt very groggy & tired. I reported these symptoms to my doc and she kept saying it's not due to the INH and B6. So I kept on taking them, and I would still feel fatigue every day for about the next 2 weeks. Then I noticed that I get tired very easily when I'm out all day running errands or hanging out; the following day I would have mild fever, and be so exhausted with body weakness & just want to stay home to rest/sleep. I just had my first round of blood work and results indicated that my liver functions are elevated. I called the doc again to let her know my symptoms again, and she still believes it's NOT bcuz of the INH and B6. I'm starting to get sick of taking pills. I see my doc today, so i'm curious what she'll say about my continued symptoms & blood results. Through it all, I'm really trying to stay positive and know that it's for the better to stick with the treatment. Good luck to you all!Read More Read Less

Kento | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/27/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I was prescribed this drug for inactive TB. 1 pill daily for 9 months with B6 100mg as well. For the first two weeks I was fine. I did have some minor confusion some days, but nothing serious. The end of the third week I started getting sick. Muscle aches, headaches, a feeling of knot in my stomach, and I was very tired. This started on a Sunday and got worse through the week. By Tuesday night I had a fever of 101.5. On Wednesday morning I skipped my 6AM Isoniazid dose and called my Dr. They had me come in for a blood test that day. Dr. said not to take my dose until the results came back. Throughout the day I was getting noticeably better. Dr. called that night and said the blood test was fine and I should take my dose. I felt perfectly fine by then, so I took my pill at 8PM. By midnight I was horribly sick. I woke up violently shaking because I was cold. I put on a sweatshirt, a robe, and crawled under 2 blankets. For an hour I shook so hard I couldn’t do anything else. I felt like I was poisoned. The previous symptoms I mentioned came back in a full fury and now I had diarrhea. I made it through the night, but I was sick all the next day with a pounding headache, dizziness, and exhausted. I slept almost the whole next day. I’ve stopped taking this medication and got better almost immediately. I was VERY vigilant about my diet as this drug has many interactions for anyone taking this you need to watch your diet. This drug has an interaction with foods high in tyramine. So avoid any aged meats or dairy. Anything pickled, smoked, fermented, or cured. Nuts and seeds. Cheese. There are several sites that have info on low tyramine diets, if you are taking this drug I suggest you check them out. Also, due to this crummy drug’s effect on your liver, NO alcohol. As for me, I’m not taking this drug anymore. The first thing I’m going to do is have a cheese omelet with a plate of sausage, and wash it down with a pint of beer. Cheers! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/3/2015
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

Just finished the 9 month trial today. I am 23 years old and a veteran. Honestly, the worst thing for me was waiting for a hour to eat. The first few days I had confusion out of nowhere and could not figure out what I was doing or what the names of some people where for a period of a hour or so. I never had diarrhea or any other side affects. Only one time 4 months later I forgot to take the medicine and didn't pop it in my mouth till 2 pm and got a headache. After that I had no side effects from the medicine. No I did not miss a trial. I achieved this unfortunate disease from afghanistan while deployed and the army did nothing when I got back so I went to my civilian doctor and she told me about the medicine. I did not have any alcohol during the trial. Read More Read Less

Mary J | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/5/2014
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

My doctor never explained that I should also take B6 along with the INH so for the first month I was taking just INH. Felt 100% normal. Second month I added B6. Stopped drinking alcohol. Im a regular marijuana smoker and find it helps with any potential stomach issues. Cant accurately rate the effectiveness because only time will tell.

June | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
3/25/2014
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

Hi All, I read thru most of yourcomments and very scare. I am currently taking Isoniazid and b6 for about over a week now. No experience side effect yet. I heard that drinking Kombucha will helps with liver. Is it safe to drink Kombucha while taking this drug? Any helps is appricate it!! My Dr. do not want me to drink Kombucha.

Not Cured | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/15/2014
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

Just finished 9 months of INH--every morning between 6-8 a.m., missed one tablet, took 3 as late as 11 a.m. in the entire 9 mos. Diarrhea every morning 45 minutes after taking INH. Couldn't shop without rushing to the bathroom (if I got there on time). Went through 1.5 times toilet paper, numerous pairs of underwear. Stomachache during most of treatment worse with B6--so taking gummy vitamins. Got so bad at the end I was drinking lots of water to keep system washed--didn't help stomach or stop heartburn. Headaches on and off progressing to regular just prior to end and were nearly migraine force for 3 days after quitting. Blurry vision always but has seemed to disappear now. EXTREME ANXIETY--still have. Skin dried out so now I look like a prune even though I drink over 100 oz of water daily. Kidneys ached most of the time. The last few months, I had to go nearly every hour though normally don't need to go for 4-6 hours. Healing takes twice as long or longer. Cuts go away in about 3 weeks, bruises, so far six weeks later still hurting--area has become numb. Strange, sudden dizziness--no warning, but not severe--and falling has been very easy. Short term memory gone for numbers and dates, names hard to remember. Still have excellent memory in other areas. Blood sugar skyrocketed, quit INH a week ago, still extremely high--scary. Last few months joint aches. Injuries, known or unknown, ache or hurt for weeks. Nightmares--strange, unreal and disconnected from thought to thought. Brain fog--still there somewhat but may be improving. EXTREME FATIGUE! Can't sleep, and taking 2-4 hour naps. Always exhausted, nearly feel asleep driving several times. Still dizzy--driving now takes more concentration to stay in the lane. Liver enzymes higher every test--scared--elevated 5 days later. INH? Never know if cured--testing detects antibodies only not bacteria. 75% cure rate/10% chance of activation = 7.5% active cases after INH. INH--not a cure. Still maybe active. Sad.Read More Read Less

candy | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2014
Condition: Inactive Tuberculosis

I just received my script. I am horrified reading all these reviews. First, TB can kill you and if you get active TB you have to take two other antibiotics with this one. All together they can kill you on their own. So, I will try to get thru this. You have to take B6 it will help your nervous system issues. And with any antibiotic it will deplete your intestinal immune system,hence diarrhea and burning butt. So take a good probiotic. Also I have restless legs and found that Co-Q10 really helps muscle cramps,also good for that is magnesium. Also, anyone in the upper midwest should take vitamin D 2000mg for winter blues. Check with your dr as even these vitamins have side affects. Honestly, I am getting a second blood test just to be sure. If I need to take isoniazid, I guess it is what it is. I would rather not get tb. Back in the day it was the leading cause of death. Also it just doesn't attack your lungs it can attack any of your other organs. For more information visit the CDC website. It was really helpful for me.Read More Read Less