My doc prescribed (10mg) this to me after not having periods off/on for over 2 yrs. It has worked great. 1st month I started 16 days after 10th pill, 2nd month 7 days later 3rd month and following months 6 days later. Not only am I now having normal cycles, I have lost weight, headaches have reduced - I feel almost normal again! The first cycle was very heavy but have gotten lighter each month...

I have been getting the worst headaches since starting this medication. My doctor prescribed me it for 10 days to get my menstral cycle back in to the swing of things (never missed a period and it's been two months now without one and I have taken 2 pregnancy test) Not only are the headaches bad but I have gained weight and because extremely moody! Ugh never thought I would say this but I JUST WAN...

AW | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Prevention of Abnormal Growth in Cells of Uterine Lining

I'm 50. Had my periods heavy and for more than 3 wks long for few years. Doc recommended D&C and in week start PROVERA for 10 days. On10th day I started a very light period for 2days and than it became heavy. On the second day of the heavy period I was rushed to ER because I felt very weak and dizzy. My Hb was 8.0 and 6hrs later 6.0. I end up getting 2 units of blood, 3 L of fluids and started on PROVERA again. So far (a week later) bleeding stopped.

CinCin88 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

My gynecologist prescribed this pill because my period hasn't made an appearance in over 3 months. After my labs and pep smear came back normal I felt this was the best option and not the birth control my previous doctor prescribed. Two days after taking my last pill I had very light spotting. Two days after the light spotting it became heavier. I've been bleeding for 5 days now. I started cramping during the cramping. Usually I'd cramp for the first 3 days but with my new period after the pill its been cramping throughout. Read More Read Less

HopefulMomToBe | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/15/2021
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I am about to begin a second round of this medication. I have abnormal periods, I will ovulate but not shed the lining. I will go 2-3 months without a period. Last year when taking this medication I did bleed heavy and have larger clots. But that was because I was getting rid of months of lining. I had mild cramping, which is normal for me. We are trying to conceive but no luck. I am now months 2 without a menstrual period. Hoping this works as well as it did the first time.

DMT | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/21/2020
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

After 3 months of no period (being always a regular), my ob/gyn prescribed provera. I was on day 8 out of 10 when my period started. Definetly works!! No side effects for me.. at least I didn't notice. My periods for the most part have always been heavy, this wasn't the expection. Although, I did have large clots.

Mermlee | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/23/2020
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

The doctor prescribed me 5mg on 5/29 I have been bleeding now for 55 days straight with blood cloths then she doubled the dose 10mg to go back to her where all she offered me was a dnc.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2020
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

During COVID19 situation, suddenly my period off for 3 months ( not pregnant). I was prescribed Medroxyprogesterone for 10 days ( 10 mg). After I completed my course, at third day I found light spotting and it became more lights 4,5,6 days. I became worried and called my doctors as I thought that it�s not going to continue my period but my doctor told me to wait for more 4 days and finally at day 9, the heavy period started and this is my 13 days and it�s still running. I am happy that I have periods but the flow is really heavy . I feel very weak most of the timeRead More Read Less

cshaw2506 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2019
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

I have very irregular periods, and tr his has helped tremendously. I do feel a little drowsy on it though.

Becks123 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/30/2019
Condition: Prevention of Abnormal Growth in Cells of Uterine Lining

Prescribed to take 20mg once a day for "fibroid bleeding". I was in the ER bc I lost so much blood at in 3 hours, I almost passed out and was ghostly white. I took it for 3 days (of the 7 recommended). 1st day was ok, stopped the bleeding, 99%, but the 2nd ans 3rd day were awful. I was so lightheaded it made my head hurt when I stood up and I felt like a beginning migraine coming. So I stopped taking it. (I have 3 toddlers that need me coherent). It did help the bleeding and it did me of some pain (ty jesus). 2 days after stopping medication, I started cramping again, so I took one 10mg pill instead of two. And now it's a waiting game to see if side effects pop back up. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I was prescribed 10 mg for 5days about 3-4 days after my period started everything was normal for the 1st 2days the third day my period was really heavy lots of large blood clots which is not normal for me also my period usually on last 7 days and her i am day 9 and still no signs of slowing down or stopping

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/28/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I was prescribed this drug because I was having irregular periods. Dr checked and said I wasn't going through Menopause ( I'm 52 ). Took the pills for 14 days, started period after three days after taking last pill. The first couple days I hardly bled. Then it picked up. I am now on the fourth day ( normal period lasts five days ) and I am bleeding heavy, passing clots and feel weak. I'm supposed to be on this medicine for two more months. I'm seriously reconsidering, especially if I haven't stopped on my fifth day as usual.Read More Read Less

Ebaar | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/31/2018

Does anyone else on this thread take this oral form strictly for birth control? I'm on medroxyprogesterone 10 MG tabs, 3 tablets once daily. I'm having awful side effects of pregnancy or PMS, but it's supposed to be a birth control. How effective is the oral form as a birth control? I was prescribed this to shut down my period.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2018
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I was prescribed this drug first to induce a period after several months of not having one due to PCOS. I took it for ten days and started a period around day 7-8 and it lasted 14 days. The second time I took this was for 5 days at 10mg to start a period and then take clomid, to try to conceive. My period started 3 days after finishing the prescription. Besides mild cramping, I had no side effects. Note, my natural periods also never come with side effects.

AHostetler | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/18/2018
Condition: Disease of Ovaries with Cysts

I have to polycystic ovarian syndrome and I want to have a baby. Iâ??ve not been on birth control for over a year and I go months without having a cycle. My husband and I have been trying to have an a baby with no success. I am taking 20mg days 14-28 every month, no period yet...this is my 3rd month and Iâ??m on day 5 of taking the pill. Iâ??m hoping after I finish this time that I have a period. My doctor plans on sending me to a fertility specialist soon after I have a hysterosalpingogram test to see if my Fallopian tubes are open next month before going on Clomid. Read More Read Less

Sana | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2018
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

Ok so ignore my stars please. I’ve been on depo for about a year so my mom made me start this. It’s only day 2 but I’m very confused. I’m on my period right now, so will this medicine stop it or continue it? I just don’t understand. Could someone explain?

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/14/2017
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

My period would not stop; just constant bleeding for months. Taking this drug has caused me to not have a period in years. It effectively solved my problem, and taking it orally is much easier on me than a surgical or implant option. I did not experience any notable side effects; though it is possible that it has slowed my weight loss progress--I can't be sure either way. I have to say, I'm very happy to be on this medication, though having to buy it indefinitely, perhaps until I hit menopause, is a big downside. Read More Read Less

jLo | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/7/2017
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

I was prescribed 10mg for the first ten days of each month. It has helped my heavy bleeding, cramps, and blood clots. My periods have always been regular, but had been becoming heavier and more painful . I have been taking for six months, but I am seeing my Dr next week and will ask her to up my dose or if I can take everyday, because this month my period came before I took it and its soooo bad.I would recommend this drug . I don't think I have had any side effects .I take it before bed.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/20/2017
Condition: Prevention of Abnormal Growth in Cells of Uterine Lining

WAS PUT ON THIS FOR 90 DAYS AFTER TH 4 DAY STARTED BLEEDING BEEN ON NOW 24 DAYS AND BEEN BLEEDING FOR 20 OF THOSE DAYS SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THEN OTHER DAYS THAT I CAN MANAGE TH PAIN AND THE OVER ALL FEELING OF BEING DRAINED OF ENERGY

tgrbts | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2017
Condition: Prevention of Abnormal Growth in Cells of Uterine Lining

taken this drug for 4 wks. Have been bleeding for 2 weeks. stopped taking it. Bleeding was supposed to stop, but I've lost about 2 pints this week, and big blood clots. I'll call the doctor again tomorrow.

GreenBean12 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2016
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I was prescribed this medication due to absence of my menstrual cycle. I took it for 10 days and my cycle began on day 12. I experienced hot flashes, increased appetite and swelling. Oh, and I found out that I was pregnant the next month after thinking that my cycle was messed up again.

Fedup | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2016

I was given this tablet to delay my period, was told tovtake 3 days before my period was due and continue taking until wanted period. (:was on holiday and wanted to delay period) it did not work and my period was heavier than normal!