In the past I have used Ambien 5mg and when my tolerance went up, 10mg. I used the 10mg dose for several years in college and afterward with great success. After a brief period with no sleep medications I was prescribed Ambien CR 12.5mg. This medicine works great, IF you follow your doctors instructions. Takind it on an empty stomach works best, and you must take it literally right before bed. ...

Bowtie62 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/16/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have read about all the possible side effects and safety precautions however, my insomnia is particularly bad. I am currently taking Zolpidem 12.5 mg CR and I find it does not work nearly as well as expected. One night after being up til 5 a.m, I took a second pill and slept all day like a baby! I had no, I repeat; NO ill effects from this experience. Am I just unusual or what? I do not understand why my doctor cannot increase the dosage so I can get my proper rest which, at 63 years of age, is more important than ever. What to Do? Read More Read Less

Nate | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2021

I was prescribed Zolpidem tartrate generic for ambien.Is it safe to split a 10 mg pill in half?The 5 mg seem to work good.Helps me sleep.But the dr. Prescribed the10 mg.

Oceandude777 | Female | Patient
4/3/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Cured my brain damage no bs!!

Cris | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/25/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Been on ambien 10mg for 10 yrs from time to time itâ??s doesnâ??t work so I asked my dr to give me ambien cr. The first week it was okay Iâ??m now on week 3 and Iâ??m so sleep deprived. Not only is it not working alone but not even with 20 mg of melontonin. I take it at 8 and still awake at 1 am and not sleep thru the night when I do sleep.

Nick | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Got to sleep, but this drug does not interact well with cold medications. I also felt sick to my stomach when I woke up.

Dobermom | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/25/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Been on this for a week now, have been diagnosed with severe insomnia and the regular ambien was only giving me about 2-3 hours of sleep a night so MD switched me to this. First night, i got about 4 weird hours of sleep with odd dreams. Now i am back to 2-3 hours of sleep. Anyone else have it just not work for them?

mikeyboy60 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/13/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Save your money Ambien 10 mg works twice as fast as Ambien CR It will take you a least 2 hours to work after you take it.And still get the same amount of sleep so don't waste your extra money on something that isn't going to work. Take the 10 mg of ambien you will fall asleep faster and will get 7- 8 hours of sleep and you are saving money.

mikeyd60 | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/4/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I been taking Ambien CR for a while now it takes sometime to feel drowsy and i also take 0.25 mg of Xanax 1/2 hour before i take the ambien CR it is very safe and have no problems with ambien CR it is slightly stronger than 10 mg of regular ambien it is suppose to go to sleep faster and sleep a little longer a few hours more if you don't get disturbed.

MOMADDEN | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/10/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

My prescription is for 3 pills a week. I take them on Tues. Thurs. and Sat. When I take they definitely help me. I asmit that I am a bit groggy in the am. If I am reading newspaper I will find that I have dozed off My tablet is 5mg and I weigh 11 pounds. When I don't take I don't sleep. I use all thr other suggestions. L avendar spray, sleep CDs, a mask fans, reading first. Always awake at 3am.By trial and error I have discovered that I can watch the Golden Girls and close my eyes. Of course they are repeats and every body looks the same. I was taking Trazodone until I realized my dry mouth, aching back hard time waking up were a result. I tried Melatonin and Alteril 9with L-Tryptophanand Melatonin . The last two caused hot flashes that got worse each night. I am talking about the last 8 months.I gave everything a fair trial time.Read More Read Less

Steph | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/23/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

First of all, stop taking it EVERY NIGHT. Secondly, take on an EMPTY stomach. I only take mine when I've tallied up 8 hours in tow days, AND I need to get some real, REM sleep to relax my mind and body. I have taken 2 at one time. That was because I really needed to sleep and not be interrupted for ANY reason, i.e. bathroom, cell phone beeps. I have no memory loss. I don't work or drive my car every day. No little kids, pets or adults in my house.

bf | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/6/2015
Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/26/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This worked for me sometimes - it only works on an empty stomach, and with my work schedule I usually need to eat when I come home/before bed, so that was one reason it didn't help. Also I woke up a lot during the night on it. Helped with falling asleep but not staying asleep.

Long-time No Sleep | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/10/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have been taking Ambien for a very long time. I started off with the smallest dose and eventually got to where I was taking twice the recommended dose. It became increasingly difficult to fall asleep. I was not really doing what the instructions said so I can understand why it was not working as expected. After 10 years or so on it, the medication stopped working and I was awake at three in the morning eating and watching television with no memory. Because I was taking so much it was bleeding over into the day and I was having trouble staying motivated at work. It took two weeks for me to get it out of my system. I now will only take it when I really need to sleep and cannot. Read More Read Less

Stealth | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/21/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have been on this medicine for years without any side affects. In has continue working.

LaBruja | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I TYPE IN CAPS FOR EASE OF READING,I'M NOT "SHOUTING". I ALSO HAD SOME VERY DISTURBING SIDE EFFECTS TAKING THIS MEDICATION & AM RELIEVED TO KNOW I'M NOT ALONE. I ALSO HAVE DRIVEN,WENT TO GROCERY STORE PURCHASED $200.00 OF FOOD INCLUDING A LOT OF SWEETS & TURKEY W/ ALL SIDES,PROCEEDED TO PREPARE THE HUGE MEAL THROUGH OUT THE NIGHT.IT ALSO KICKED MY LIBIDO INTO(VERY)HIGH LEAVING MY SPOUSE DEHYDRATED. MANICALLY HOUSE CLEANING AND HAVING LITTLE OR NO MEMORY OF DOING THESE THINGS WAS TERRIFYING,HUMILIATING & SCARY,I'M SO VERY LUCKY I DIDN'T HURT SOMEONE ELSE OR MYSELF.MY HUSBAND WAS GOING TO TAKE TOO AN E.R. FOR AN EMERGENCY EVAL. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE FLUSHED THE REMAINING PILLS & THANKED GOD FOR KEEPING ME SAFE.NOW THERES LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED THESE HORRIBLE SIDE AFFECTS TELLING THEIR STORIES. IT'S LIKE BEING A ZOMBIE SINCE IT'S IN A CLASS CALLED HYPNOTICS(IF MEMORY SERVES CORRECTLY)I'D RATHER TAKE BENEDRYL,VALIUM OR ANYTHING BUT THAT NOW. THIS WAS ABOUT 12 YRS. AGO WHEN EVERY MINUTE OF SLEEP WAS PRECIOUS & NEEDED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR YOUNG FAMILY AS BEING SLEEP DEPRIVED IS A H*&& ALL IT'S OWN! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES W/ THIS MEDICATION EVERYONE,NOW I KNOW I WASN'T ALONE,I REALLY FELT LIKE I WAS LOSING MY MIND OR HAVING THE EARLY STAGES OF A MENTAL ILLNESS NOT JUST A WORN OUT PARENT TRYING TO COPE W/ LIFE LIKE EVERY OTHER HUMAN. NOW WE JUST KEEP LOOKING FORWARD & TELL OTHERS OUR STORY IF THIS DRUGS MENTIONED HOPING TO CIRCUMVENT MORE TRAGEDY. Read More Read Less

Lainey | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/30/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It wasn't working so my dosage increased but so did the side effects. I drove to a store, came home and tried to drive over a curb and fell on my nightstand. I have no memory of this but a ding on my car and massive bruses on my leg, arm and eye. I thought it was great for the first 2 years, but after this and charging over 500 on my credit card, I knew I had to go off it. Big withdrawal.

very tired | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/30/2013
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Ambien CR 12.5 worked for me for 2 years but with 1 mg of lorazapem an hour before to wind me down (generic of Ambien - zolpidem did not help at all). After two years, I am waking up several times in the night and having trouble going back to sleep. I am fortunate when I get 6 hours of sleep. This once gave me 8-9, leaving me feeling rested. Now, I am tired all of the time.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/26/2013
Mike | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2013
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

My doctor prescribed 12.5MG Ambien CR for a sleep study. It had very little effect. I took it at 10:30PM and didn't fall asleep until 2:00AM. I still only got 3.5 hours of sleep. That's not the worst part. The entire following day my heart rate skyrocketed to 130BPM, even when I sat down it was around 105MPB. Insane diarrhea, I literally went 5 times. Nausea, felt like I was going to vomit at any moment. Dizziness and a "out of this world" type feeling. I felt like I was in a movie. I would not recommend taking this drug due to it being ineffective and with horrible side effectsRead More Read Less

[email protected] | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/23/2013
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Most of the time I have no problem,but every once in a great while I have a hard time sleeping. Other than that,this stuff is great.