I have been taking Serax for over 20 years. I do not take it on a regular basis. I only take half of a pill occasionally. It has made me feel so much better and more relaxed and no anxiey when I have times that I am really anxious. I feel like a different person when I take this. Been a life saver for me. I hope I can take it the rest of my life. I am 72

my dad has been taking this medicine and he drinks with it which does not make it effective and he is unresponsive when we talk to him he just ends up being a couch potato the whole day.

oxaepam | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/2/2016

I take it at 10pam then wake up at around 2pm and wide awake.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/25/2014

I use this drug to help me sleep. I only take one at night. I do not take any during the day. So far it has worked great for me. I have been taking it for several years.

RC | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/18/2013
Condition: Anxious

56 yr/Woman/social anxiety/anxiousness/and with little warning,I'll experience panic attacks. Med is a "life saver", take two 10 milligrams/day. Had MD's who wanted to "try something else", so tried Valium, Klonopin, Xanex(sp?). These DID NOT WORK well and had side effects, so they did return to the Serax (generic). I have no side effects, such as drowsiness or concentration difficulties, only relief from a life-long suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. If anything, it seems to provide more clarity in my thinking. Rarely take more than prescribed, sometimes less. Also very helpful when I am having a really difficult time sleeping because of anxiousness. Although I no longer drink alcohol, I was a pretty heavy social drinker for some time. I really didn't take the med much when drinking, but don't recall that it caused a problem, however I do not recommend taking any med of this sort with alcohol. This med is especially helpful when having to do things, such as teach a class or address a group, something that was almost impossible for me to do without fear of a panic attack or extreme nervousness. I have no reason or plans to discontinue its use unless I find that I no longer need it, and this would only become known to me by noticing that I was simply taking less of the med daily. I think it is great, and based on my experience with the other prescriptions I've had for anxiety, don't understand why it isn't prescribed more often. Most people I know have never heard of it, but they all have heard of Valium and Xanex (sp?), which I think have terrible side effects and are much more addictive.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/6/2013
Condition: Anxious

Its been a life saver for me !

Lee lee | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/29/2012
Condition: Anxious

This med has been used by me for many years to relieve anxiety and occasionally to get a good nights sleep. I use it sparingly far anxiety attacks. My usage is about 50 tablets per year, but it really helps when I have problems. I do not suffer from depression or alcohol abuse. Using. It the way I do it is not habit forming in any way. 30 years ago I took it for agoraphobia and it worked.