Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc
2) Gunilla Elam / Photo Researchers, Inc
3) Joseph Devenney/Photographer's Choice
4) Amana Productions/Amana Images
5) Getty Images
6) Getty Images
8) Getty Images
9) Getty Images
10) Scott Camazine / Phototake
11) Barraquer Ophthalmological Center, Barcelona Copyright © ISM / Phototake
12) Michelle Del Guercio / Photo Researchers, Inc
13) R. Spencer Phippen / Phototake
14) Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory / Photo Researchers, Inc
15) Matt Grey/Digital Vision
17) Catherine Ledner/Taxi
18) Jose Luis Pelaez/Blend Images
National Eye Institute: "Facts About Cataract."
National Eye Institute: "Age-Related Eye Disease Study--Results."
WebMD Medical Reference: "Cataracts and Your Eyes."
Merck Manual: "Cataract."
Reviewed by Brian S. Boxer Wachler, MD on June 01, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.