Eye Health Medical Reference
Low Vision Rehabilitation for Inherited Retinal Dystrophy
- Inherited Retinal Dystrophy and Genetic Testing
Learn about the importance of genetic testing for inherited retinal dystrophy.
- Questions to Ask Your Child’s Eye Doctor About Myopia
Learning your child has myopia may have you wondering what’s next. Learn more about myopia and its treatment with these questions for your child’s doctor.
- How to Slow Your Child’s Myopia Progression
Once myopia starts, it worsens quickly and can’t be reversed. Learn how you can help to slow the progression of your child’s myopia to protect their sight.
- What Parents Need to Know About Myopia in Children
Childhood myopia is on the rise. Here’s what you need to know about why, and the possible complications that make early treatment critical.
- How to Involve Your Child in Their Myopia Care
If your child has myopia, they’ll need to manage it for life. It’s never too early to involve them in their vision care – these tips will help you start.
- What We Know About Disparities in Inherited Retinal Dystrophy
What to know about disparities in retinal dystrophy research, diagnosis, treatment, and care and what they mean for you.
- What to Know About 3D Printed Files for Visually Impaired People
3D printed files are used to create tangible objects from digital files. Find out more about the benefits and uses of 3D printed files for visually impaired people.
- What To Know About Communications Devices for Deaf-Blind People
Find out what you need to know about communication devices for deaf-blind people, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits and how the devices may affect health.
- Inherited Retinal Dystrophy: Steps to Take to Maximize Your Vision
Inherited retinal dystrophy can sap your sight. Here are steps you can take to make the most of your vision.
- What to Know About Physical Fitness for Blind or Low-Vision People
Find out what you need to know about fitness for people with a visual impairment, and discover helpful exercises, special considerations, blind sports, and more.
- What to Know About Screen Readers for Blind or Low-Vision People
Screen readers are an adaptive technology that allows blind and low-vision people to use devices with screens. Learn how they work and what the most common types are.
- What to Know About Phones for People Who Are Visually Impaired
Find out what you need to know about phones for people who are visually impaired. Discover the accessibility options, how to shop for phones, and more.
- How Blind People Can Use Echolocation
Find out what echolocation is, including its benefits, learning process, and how it works.
- What To Know About How Paraprofessionals Help Blind Students
Find out exactly how paraprofessionals help blind students by reading our comprehensive guide!
- What to Know About Apps for Blind People
Are you wondering about apps for the visually impaired? Wonder no more! Read our guide to find out all about these apps for low vision and blind people.
- What To Know About Accessible Pedestrian Signals (Audible Signs)
Are you curious about accessible pedestrian signals and what they are? Read our guide to find out more about these audible signs.
- What Is a Braille Slate and Stylus?
A braille slate and stylus is a tool for writing in braille. Find out how it works and how to use it.
- What Is Beep Baseball?
Find out what beep baseball is, how it works, and how it empowers the blind and visually impaired to play.
- What Are Good Jobs for People With Vision Impairments?
There are many careers for blind people with the right accommodations in the workplace. Here’s what you need to know.
- Getting Help for Thyroid Eye Disease
Your care team is your go-to resource when treating thyroid eye disease. Know who makes up your team and how to work together with them for your treatment.
- When Thyroid Eye Disease Threatens More Than Vision
Thyroid eye disease can deeply impact your life, physically and socially. Learn how you can manage the effects with your doctor’s help and on your own.
- How to Stay Safe When Vision Impaired or Blind in the Kitchen
Find out tips, tricks, and products to help you stay safe when cooking with blindness or a vision impairment.
- Acute Macular Neuroretinopathy: What to Know
If you suddenly have blurry or blind spots in one or both eyes, it could be a sign of this rare eye condition.
- What Is Brown Syndrome?
Brown syndrome is a condition that restricts your child’s eye movements. Learn more about the causes, symptoms, and possible treatments of Brown syndrome.
- What Is an Epiretinal Membrane?
Learn about epiretinal membranes. Discover the symptoms of these abnormal eye membranes and how they’re treated.
- What Are Ocular Surface Diseases?
Ocular surface diseases are diseases that affect the eye surface. Learn more about what causes it, the symptoms of OSD, and more.
- What Is Macular Telangiectasia?
This eye disease leads to a loss of sharp central vision. Learn more about its symptoms, types, treatments, and more.
- Retina: What to Know
Find out what you need to know about the retina, including where it's located, what it does, and potential health problems.
- What to Know if You Scratch Your Glasses
Learn more about scratched glasses and how they affect your vision.
- What to Know About Vision Therapy
Find out more about vision therapy, the conditions that might qualify your child for therapy, and the eye doctors who practice these techniques.
- What to Know About Solar Eclipse Glasses
How can you protect your eyes and enjoy a solar eclipse? Learn everything you need to know about solar eclipse glasses.
- What to Know About Optic Nerve Drusen
Learn about optic nerve drusen. Discover the symptoms and treatments for this eye condition.
- What to Know About Laser Cataract Surgery
Find out what you need to know about laser cataract surgery, how it’s different from other treatments, and how it can benefit you.
- What to Know About Gradient Sunglasses
Find out what you need to know about gradient sunglasses and discover examples, benefits, and types of gradient sunglasses.
- What to Know About Colorblind Glasses
Find out what you need to know about color blindness, its types, and how you can use colorblind glasses for this condition.
- What to Know About the Dangers of "Eye Tattoos"
Find out what you need to know about eye tattoos, how they are applied, and why they’re so dangerous.
- What to Know About Surgery to Remove an Eye
Find out what you need to know about removing an eye. Learn the reasons for this drastic procedure and how to cope after it's done.
- What to Know About Eyelid Twitching
An eye twitch or myokymia involves involuntary blinking. Read on to learn more about this typically mild condition.
- What to Know About Dermoid Cysts Around the Eyes
Dermoid cysts around the eyes are a congenital condition and are mostly harmless. You may need surgery to remove them, though. Learn more about this condition.
- What Is Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration?
Are you wondering: What is Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration? Well, wonder no more! Read our guide for all the information you need about this condition.
- What Is Pseudostrabismus?
Has your infant been diagnosed with pseudostrabismus? Are you wondering what the difference is between it and strabismus? Read on to find out!
- What to Know About Pinguecula
Find out what you need to know about pinguecula. Learn about the symptoms, how it’s diagnosed, and available treatments.
- What to Know About Eye Patches for Vision Problems
Find out what you need to know about eye patches and discover what they treat, the types of patches, and how they may affect health.
- What to Know About Blind Spots (Scotomas)
Find out what you need to know about blind spots (scotomas). Learn about their causes, the treatment required, and how they affect your vision.
- What to Know About Abnormal Head Posture
Find out what you need to know about abnormal head posture. Discover the causes, health effects, and more.
- What Is Syntonic Phototherapy?
What is syntonic phototherapy, and is it right for you? Read our guide to find out!
- What Is Superior Oblique Palsy?
What is superior oblique palsy, and how does it affect your child’s vision? Read on to find out!
- What Is Morning Glory Syndrome?
Morning Glory Syndrome is a birth defect of the optic nerve that looks like a flower known as “morning glory.” Learn about the causes, symptoms, and more.
- What Is Ischemic Optic Neuropathy?
Find out what you need to know about ischemic optic neuropathy and its identifying factors.