Going to the doctor can be intimidating. You might feel rushed and forget to ask questions that are important. It's always a good idea to know what to ask beforehand and to take notes when with the doctor. Some of the questions below may be worth asking. Print out this page and take it with you to your next appointment.
1. Are there any medications that could be of help?
2. Could exercise or physical therapy be used?
3. What is scientifically known about these conditions?
4. Are there things I can change in my environment to improve my health?
5. Should I still take my medication even if I feel fine?
6. Are there effective alternative treatments for my condition?
7. Can I control fibromyalgia or myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) without taking medications?
9. What is the long-term effect on my overall health?
10. Does fibromyalgia or ME/CFS ever go away?
11. Can I be considered for disability benefits for my condition?