Call 911 if the person has:
1. Treat Symptoms
- The person should sit down or lie still.
- If the person gets light-headed when standing up, the person should stand up slowly.
- Avoid sudden changes in position.
- If the person is thirsty, have them drink fluids.
- Avoid bright lights.
2. Call a Healthcare Professional
Call a healthcare professional if:
- This is the first time the person has been dizzy.
- The dizziness is different than before or doesn't go away quickly.
3. Follow Up
At the health care provider's office or hospital, the next steps depend on the particular case.