Call 911 if the person:
- Has blue lips or face
- An irregular or slow heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Is difficult to awaken
- Acts confused
1. Make the Person Safe
2. Try to Revive the Person
- Shake the person vigorously, tap briskly, or yell.
- If the person doesn't respond, call 911 immediately and start CPR if necessary.
- If an AED is available, bring it by the person and use it if you have been trained on its use.
3.Turn the Person on Their Side if They:
- Is vomiting or bleeding from the mouth
4. Do Home Care for Simple Fainting
- If the person is alert, give fruit juice, especially if the person has not eaten in more than 6 hours or has diabetes.
- Stay with the person until they are fully recovered.
5. Call a Health Care Provider
See a healthcare provider right away if the person: