Call 911 if the person:
- Has blue lips or face
- An irregular or slow heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Is difficult to awaken
- Acts confused
1. Make the Person Safe
2. Try to Revive the Person
- Shake the person vigorously, tap briskly, or yell.
- If the person doesn't respond, call 911 immediately and start CPR if necessary.
- If an AED is available, bring it by the person and use it if you have been trained on its use.
3.Turn the Person on His or Her Side if He or She:
- Is vomiting or bleeding from the mouth
4. Do Home Care for Simple Fainting
- If the person is alert, give fruit juice, especially if the person has not eaten in more than 6 hours or has diabetes.
- Stay with the person until he or she is fully recovered.
5. Call a HealthcCare Provider
See a healthcare provider right away if the person: