First Aid News
Medical Delivery by Drone Is Happening. How Good Is It?
- Playing It Rough: How Injuries Hit High School Band Members
November 8, 2023 — A nationwide estimate of marching band injuries showed that females were at significantly greater risk than males, and most injuries were in knees and ankles.
- Hair Styling Tools Pose Burn Risk for Kids: Study
October 24, 2023 — For parents and caregivers, stovetops and lit candles are among the most common red flags for burn injury risk, especially in young children. Yet there is another culprit lurking on bathroom and vanity counters that might escape notice: hair care or styling appliances.
- New AI-Enhanced Bandages Poised to Transform Wound Treatment
September 6, 2023 — Doctors, engineers, and AI experts are teaming up to develop “smart bandages” capable of treating chronic wounds, battlefield injuries, or even minor cuts and scrapes.
- Digital Voice Assistants Unreliable for CPR Info, Research Finds
August 29, 2023 — Siri, Alexa and other digital voice assistants are not the most reliable providers of information about CPR in emergencies, a new report says.
- Injuries From Fireworks Rising: Stay Safe on July Fourth
June 30, 2023 — Fireworks were involved in an estimated 11,500 injuries treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms in 2021, and fireworks-related injuries have increased since 2006 by an estimated 274 per year.
- FDA Eases Blood Donation Rules for Gay, Bisexual Men
May 12, 2023 — The FDA said the new policy is based on the latest scientific evidence and is similar to policies in the United Kingdom and Canada. It should expand the number of people eligible to donate blood while keeping blood supplies safe.
- Heat Wave Warnings Stretch Across U.S., Europe
July 19, 2022 — Record-breaking temperatures are being recorded across the U.S. and Europe, prompting heat wave warnings about potential health risks.