1. Lay the Person Down, if Possible
2. Begin CPR, if Necessary
If the person is not breathing or breathing seems dangerously weak:
- For a child, start CPR for children.
- For an adult, start adult CPR.
- Continue CPR until help arrives or the person wakes up.
3. Treat Obvious Injuries
4. Keep Person Warm and Comfortable
- Loosen restrictive clothing.
- Cover with coat or blanket.
- Keep the person still. Do not move the person unless there is danger.
- Reassure the person.
- Do not give anything to eat or drink.
5. Follow Up
- At the hospital, the person will be given oxygen and intravenous fluids.
- Blood test, urine tests, heart test and xrays and/or CT scans may be done.
- Other treatment will depend on the cause of shock.