Call 911 if the person:
- Does not seem to be responding appropriately
- Has a seizure, visual changes, or any other neurologic symptoms; these could be symptoms of severe heat illness.
Call a healthcare provider if:
- Replace body fluids with water, juice, or sports drinks.
2. Treat Symptoms
- Apply aloe or over-the-counter moisturizing lotion to skin as directed.
- To soothe and cool skin, take a cool bath or shower or apply cool compresses to the area.
- For pain, take acetaminophen (Panadol, Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin).
- If blisters form, don't break them.
- Protect your skin from further sun exposure.