Call Doctor If:
- The bruised area seems very painful, swollen, or infected.
- Your child has a bruise after a serious accident or head or abdominal injury.
- Your child has a large number of bruises or unexplained bruises.
- Your child has a fever.
1. Apply Ice
- Wrap a cold pack in a towel or washcloth and hold it against the bruise for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat, but no more than once an hour.
- Do not hold ice or anything frozen directly against a child's skin.
2. Elevate the Area
- If possible, raise the bruised area above the heart to reduce swelling.