Health Insurance and Medicare Features
- Health Insurance and Abortion
Here are answers to common questions on whether health insurance covers abortion.
- Wegovy: When Insurance Won’t Cover Your Meds
Wegovy, a new obesity drug, works wonders, but patients struggle for insurance coverage.
- Can’t Find a Therapist Who Takes Insurance? Try This
If you’re hoping to use your insurance to help offset the cost of mental health treatment, here’s what you need to know.
- Calling Your Health Insurance Company? Don’t Say This
While dealing with your insurer can feel overwhelming – especially if you need to discuss an issue that’s complicated or confusing – you can make the communication go as smoothly as possible by following a few simple dos and don’ts.
- Getting Health Care in Prison
People in jails and prisons are entitled to health care, but it’s not always easy to access.
- How Your Income Affects Your Health
How healthy you are and how long you live depend a lot on how much you can afford to pay for health care.
- Rural Living Means Planning Ahead for Your Health Care
You’ll need to plan for health care if you live in a rural area.
- What Health Care Is Available if You’re Experiencing Homelessness?
If you currently don’t have reliable housing, you may want to know about health care for people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Shop Around to Save on Drug Prices
Learn ways to save money and find the best prices on prescription drugs and over-the-counter medication.
- What to Know About Your Formulary Drug List
Understanding your health insurer's directory of covered drugs can save you money.
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Drug Costs
Talking to your doctor about medication costs can save you money. Find out how your doctor can help.
- What You Need to Know About Health Insurance Before You Quit Your Job
Tempted to give your 2 weeks’ notice and join the “Great Resignation”? Here’s what you need to know about health insurance before you quit your job.
- How to Get Insurers to Pay for Treatments
Paying out of pocket even with health coverage? Experts explain how to get your insurer to pay more.
- When and How Much Medicaid Will Pay for Nursing Home Care
Nursing home care can be expensive. Learn about how much Medicaid pays, eligibility guidelines, and more.
- How to Protect Your Health Privacy
Step-by-step tips on how to keep your private health information protected.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: What to Know
Long-term care insurance is used for personal care needs. Learn more about what services a long-term care insurance plan may cover.
- How to Find Free or Low-Cost Dental Care for Seniors
Learn about saving money on dental care for senior adults, including how to find low-cost resources.
- How to Get Your Health Records
Learn about how to get your health records, including how to have a mistake fixed so your medical record is accurate.
- How to Contest a Medical Bill
Step-by-step tips on how to dispute your medical bill.
- Medicare Penalties You Should Know About
Learn about the penalties for enrolling late for Medicare coverage, penalty amounts, how to protest penalties, and appealing coverage decisions.
- How to Enroll or Make Changes in Medicare
What can you expect during the Medicare enrollment process? Learn how to make smart choices and avoid penalties.
- Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D Explained
How do the different parts of Medicare work, and what do they cover? Learn more about Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D, plus Medigap plans.
- What Is Medicare, and Who's Eligible for It?
Thinking about enrolling in Medicare? Here's what you need to know.
- How Private Is Your Health Data?
Who can get access to the health information you share in apps or online? Learn how to protect the privacy of your digital health data.
- Surprise Billing
Learn about surprise medical billing, why it happens, what you can do, how to prevent it, and the new law.
- WebMD Interviews President Obama
President Obama Interview Transcript
- How to Choose Vision Insurance
Advice on how to choose insurance coverage for vision.
- What Kind of Dental Coverage Do You Need?
Advice about how to choose dental insurance for individuals and families.
- Your Health Plan or Your Spouse's?
Should you go on your spouse's or partner's health insurance plan? This article covers what to consider when you're making that decision.
- Take Your Healthy Diet to Work
Brown-bag lunches for adults can save money and be healthier than buying your lunch. Looking for ideas? You'll find them in this article.
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals for Adults
Find out how much potassium, vitamin D, calcium, and fiber you need each day and what kinds of food are the best sources.
- How to Choose Long-Term Care Insurance
What to consider when you're shopping for long-term care insurance.
- Health Insurance When You're Pregnant
Read about your health insurance options if you are pregnant.
- 6 Vitamins and Minerals Your Kids Need
What vitamins and minerals do your children need? Calcium, fiber, vitamin D, the B vitamins, vitamin E, and iron are on the list.
- 5 Big-Payoff Diet Changes
For healthy eating, these are five of the most effective diet changes you can make.
- How to Negotiate Your Medical Bill
What do the doctor's office and a yard sale have in common? You can negotiate for deals at both.
- Health Insurance: Are You Really Covered?
How to tell if you have the right kind of health insurance plan for your family's needs.
- Health Care Reform and Children: FAQ
WebMD explains how children and teens will be affected by health care reform.
- Health Care Reform: What's Covered
Answers to WebMD readers' questions about what the health care reform law covers.
- Health Care Reform and Pre-Existing Conditions: FAQ
WebMD explains how health reform will affect those with pre-existing conditions and how they can get insurance.
- Health Care Reform and Preventive Care: FAQ
WebMD talks about the costs covered for preventive care under health reform. What will insurance cover? Will visits be free? Find out here.
- Protecting Your Wallet From the Cost of Illness
Do you have financial protection against the costs of disability or disease? A guide to insurance: disability, life, long-term care, and supplemental health.
- Leading Causes of Disability
Conditions such as arthritis, back pain, heart disease, cancer, depression, diabetes, and even pregnancy are among the leading causes of disability in the U.S – not catastrophic events like car crashes. Here's how to protect yourself against medical expenses and other costs.
- Health Care Reform and Settling Grievances: FAQ
WebMD helps you understand your rights with insurance and how to handle complaints or appeals if you feel you’ve been treated wrongly.
- Health Care Reform, Premiums, and Costs: FAQ
WebMD breaks down the costs of insurance. Learn about the premiums, cost of buying insurance plans, and more.
- No Health Insurance? What Health Reform Will Bring
WebMD explains how health reform affects the uninsured, from coverage options, new rules on denying coverage, who is exempt, and more.
- Got Health Insurance? What Health Reform Means
WebMD breaks down the health reform changes and explains what they mean for you and your family if you already have health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
- Kathleen Sebelius on Health Care Reform
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius talks with WebMD about health care reform for young adults and others.
- Technology Plays Key Role in Health Care Reform
Technology must play a central role for proposed health care reform to contain costs, improve access and save lives. But will we have to sacrifice our privacy to reach these lofty goals?