Health Insurance and Medicare News
- Insurers Still Must Cover Preventive Care for Now, Court Says
May 16, 2023 — A federal appeals court has temporarily restored the Affordable Care Act requirement that health insurers fully pay for certain preventive services.
- Will Telehealth Save Patients Money or Drive Up Costs?
April 5, 2023 — The real out-of-pocket costs are becoming clear, and it’s one mixed bag.
- UnitedHealthcare to Cut Prior Authorizations for Some Procedures
April 2, 2023 — The largest health insurer in the United States says it will no longer require lengthy paperwork, known as prior authorization, for many types of health care starting later this year.
- What’s Next After Judge Strikes Down Preventive Care Mandate?
March 31, 2023 — Health experts were researching exactly how many preventive services might be affected and said no changes would likely occur immediately.
- Hospitals Continue to Defy Federal Requirement to Publish Prices
January 20, 2023 — Most hospitals are not fully complying with a 2021 requirement to publish prices, a new analysis shows. The requirement was intended to increase transparency of health care costs and make it possible to shop around for the best prices of medical care.
- Crowdfunding a Poor Safety Net for Medical Expenses
February 7, 2022 — Researchers have called for greater transparency around platforms such as GoFundMe.