Migraines Headaches Medical Reference
Navigating the Costs of Migraine Infusion Therapy
- What to Expect at an Infusion Therapy Appointment
Knowing what happens at an infusion therapy treatment for migraine will help make your appointment go smoothly.
- Know the Side Effects of Infusion Therapy for Migraine
Infusion therapy can be an effective treatment for migraine, but there are possible side effects. Know what they may be and how you can manage them.
- Is Infusion Therapy for Migraine Right for Me?
Infusion therapy may be a good treatment option for certain types of migraine headaches. Here’s how to know if it's right for you and when to try it.
- What Is Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy delivers medication straight into your bloodstream for faster migraine pain relief and to help keep the headaches from coming back.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Erenumab (Aimovig)
Erenumab (Aimovig) is a monthly injectable drug used to prevent migraine in adults. Here’s a look at the most commonly asked questions.
- 5 Key Things to Know About Erenumab (Aimovig)
Here are some key things to know before you take erenumab (Aimovig), an injectable drug that can prevent chronic and episodic migraine in adults.
- 8 Things to Know About Taking Ubrogepant (Ubrelvy)
Learn the dosage, side effects, warnings, and more about the migraine drug ubrogepant (Ubrelvy).
- Frequently Asked Questions About Ubrogepant (Ubrelvy)
Get answers to your questions about the migraine drug ubrogepant (Ubrelvy).
- Tips for Managing Side Effects of Ubrogepant (Ubrelvy)
Find out how to avoid and manage side effects of the migraine drug ubrogepant (Ubrelvy).
- 5 Things to Know About Eptinezumab (Vyepti)
What should you expect when you take eptinezumab (Vyepti)? Learn how it works, common side effects, and what to know before you take it.
- Tips for Managing Side Effects of Atogepant (Qulipta)
Qulipta can cause uncomfortable side effects in the digestive tract. Here are some tips to manage them.
- How to Manage Eptinezumab (Vyepti) Side Effects
If you’ve started eptinezumab (Vyepti), you may notice side effects, such as cold-like symptoms or a mild allergic reaction. Here’s how to manage them.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Atogepant (Qulipta)
Here are the answers to commonly asked questions about atogepant (Qulipta) for migraine, including how much it costs and how to take it.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Eptinezumab (Vyepti)
You may have many questions about eptinezumab (Vyepti). What is Vyepti? How much does Vyepti cost? How long does Vyepti take to work? Here are answers.
- 10 Things to Know About Taking Atogepant (Qulipta)
Atogepant (Qulipta) is a powerful migraine preventive. Here’s what to know when taking Qulipta.
- Things to Know about Taking Fremanezumab (Ajovy)
Taking fremanezumab (Ajovy) for migraine prevention? Here’s what you need to know about how to use it, its side effects, and how it works.
- Tips for Managing Side Effects of Fremanezumab (Ajovy)
Managing the side effects of fremanezumab (Ajovy) starts with knowing what to look for. Learn how you can manage them and when to see your doctor.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Fremanezumab (Ajovy)
Fremanezumab (Ajovy) is a drug you inject monthly or once every 3 months to prevent migraines. Here’s a look at the most commonly asked questions.
- Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT): Tips to Manage Side Effects
Like any drug, the migraine medication rimegepant (Nurtec ODT) might cause side effects. Here are tips for managing them.
- 7 Things to Know About Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT)
Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT) is an oral medication that can both treat and prevent migraine headaches. Here are 7 things you need to know about the drug.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT)
Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT) is a drug that can both treat migraine headaches once you get them and prevent future attacks. Here’s what you should know.
- 6 Things to Know About Taking Galcanezumab (Emgality)
What should you expect when you take galcanezumab (Emgality)? Learn more about how it works, its side effects, and more.
- Tips for Managing Side Effects of Galcanezumab (Emgality)
Like all medications, the migraine drug galcanezumab (Emgality) can have unwanted side effects. Find out what they are and how to manage them.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Galcanezumab (Emgality)
If you take galcanezumab (Emgality) for migraine, you’ll want to learn more about it. Get answers to the top questions people ask about this drug.
- Herbal Supplements for Migraine: What to Know
Herb is the word. Learn which ones might help with your migraine symptoms. Find out if it’s true and what you should know before you try.
- Migraine Details Your Doctor Should Know
Treatment can help you manage your migraine pain. Here’s what to tell your doctor about your headaches.
- How to Manage Migraine Episodes
You don’t have to suffer through symptoms. Try these treatment options and relaxation techniques next time a migraine hits.
- Self-Care Strategies During and After Your Migraine
Keep migraine symptoms to a minimum with muscle relaxation, temperature therapy, and other self-care techniques.
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Recurring Migraines
Do you have migraines that keep coming back? Here’s what you should tell your doctor, plus some questions you might want to ask.
- Nondrug Treatments for Migraines
Learn ways to manage migraine attacks without medication.
- When Your Migraine Treatment Doesn't Work
Find out what your options are when your migraine treatment plan isn't doing the job.
- Migraine and Intimacy
Migraine can take a toll on your sex life. WebMD shows you how to reignite the passion.
- Complications of Chronic and High-Frequency Episodic Migraines
If you get migraines regularly and often, they can affect your physical, emotional, and professional life in significant ways. Find out how to manage those complications.
- The Link Between Migraine and Dehydration
If you’ve ever wondered whether dehydration could trigger a migraine, here’s what you need to know and what to do to prevent it.
- Physical Therapy for Migraine
Migraines can cause intense and draining symptoms. For some people with migraine headaches, physical therapy has proved to ease some discomfort.
- Plant-Based Diets for Migraine
Learn what the research says about how diets based on plants could help people with migraine.
- Chronic Migraine and Employment
If you have chronic migraine, you know how disabling it can be. But many employers don’t. Here’s how to level the playing field for yourself.
- Massage Therapy for Migraine
Can massage ease the throbbing pain of migraine? Studies show it can -- and may even help stop it in its tracks. Here’s how, and the best types to try.
- Self-Care for Chronic Migraine
Frequent or chronic migraine attacks need more than medication. Here’s what you can do for your migraine and avoid migraine triggers.
- Yoga for Migraine
Here’s a look at why yoga can help when you have migraine, plus top types and poses to try (as well as what to avoid).
- What Is a Migrainous Infarction?
A migrainous infarction is a stroke that happens during a migraine with aura attack. Learn the symptoms, treatments, and more.
- Antiemetics for Migraine With Nausea
You don’t have to put up with symptoms. Learn more about prescription and over-the-counter options.
- Biofeedback for Migraine
Biofeedback is a type of mind-body therapy technique that uses sensors to detect the body's responses such as stress and tension. If you have migraine, biofeedback can help you train your body to reduce, control, or prevent headaches.
- Exercise When You Have Chronic Migraine
Chronic migraines can disrupt day-to-day life. Besides medications, research shows that physical exercise can substantially reduce the pain and frequency of severe migraine attacks.
- Can You Go to the ER for Migraine?
Sudden, severe migraine attacks may send you to the emergency room. Find out what you can expect if you go.
- Ergot Alkaloids for Migraine
What are ergot alkaloids? If you have severe, throbbing headaches, these drugs might help when others don’t.
- Nerve Release Surgery for Migraine
If migraine treatments aren’t working, you may want to look into a long-term fix. Nerve decompression surgery could possibly give you permanent relief.
- Can Trigger Point Injections Relieve Your Migraine Pain?
Trigger point injections can relieve pain for some people with migraines. Here’s how they work, who they can help, and where to get them.
- CGRP Inhibitors for Migraine
The introduction of new drugs provides an exciting new option to prevent migraine, and the results are impressive.