Cancer in Dogs: What to Know
- Heartworms in Dogs: Myths and Facts
Heartworms in dogs are easy to prevent, but difficult, and costly, to cure.
- How Much Does Your Dog Understand When You Talk?
Learn how many words dogs understand and how to teach them to obey verbal commands.
- What to Do if Your Dog Is Jealous
Are you dealing with a jealous dog? Learn more about what to do.
- What to Do If You See a Dog in a Hot Car
Learn what's helpful and not helpful to do when you see a dog in a hot car.
- How to Help a Lost Dog
Have you encountered a lost and scared dog? Learn more about how to help them.
- How to Read Your Dog's Body Language
Struggling to understand your dog? Read on to learn how to read them through their body language.
- How to Help Your Child Who is Afraid of Dogs
Learn about helping your child overcome a fear of dogs, including creating a plan for dog interactions.
- How to Bathe Your Dog
Learn about bathing your dog, including making bath time fun for your dog and efficient for you.
- How to Care for Your Young Adult Dog
Learn about caring for your young adult dog, including activity, dental care, and nutrition.
- How to Care for Your Mature Adult Dog
Learn about caring for your mature adult dog, including dental care, mental health, and nutrition.
- What a Vet Wants You to Know About Adopting a Dog
Take it from an expert: There are a lot of things to think about before you bring home a new dog. Here’s what you should consider.
- My Dog Saved Me
Did you save the dog, or did the dog save you? One pet parent reveals the unexpected benefits they got from their pups.
- Prepare Your Home and Family for a Dog
Before you bring home a new pup, get expert tips on how to make sure your home and family are ready.
- Adopting a Dog at Any Age
Before adopting a dog, think about the pros and cons of a puppy, adult dog, or senior. Learn more about how to choose a pet that's right for you.
- Your New Rescue Dog Misbehaves: What Do You Do?
Things aren’t perfect with your new rescue pup. Here’s what to do about jumping, barking, chewing, and other bad habits.
- What an Adopted-Dog Owner Wants You to Know
Adopting a dog can be life-changing, but it's a big commitment. Learn how to prepare to welcome a new furry family member.
- Dog Adoption Lasts a Lifetime
Are you ready for the commitment of adopting a dog? Learn how to make a lifelong love connection with your adopted pet.
- The Best Food Choices for Your Dog
Your dog may happily eat every last bite of kibble you give them, but is it healthy for them? And the right amount?
- How Much Exercise Does Your Dog Need?
Exercise is more than just fun for your dog -- it's essential for good health and good behavior. Find out how much activity your dog needs to stay healthy and happy.
- Adopting a Dog When You Have Kids
Here are tips on how to find the right dog for your family and how to get them used to your home.
- What to Do if Your Dog Runs Away
Your dog has run away. How do you get your furry friend back? First step: Get some help.
- Fleas, Ticks, and Heartworm: What to Know
Pests like heartworms, fleas, and ticks can plague pets, and some pests carry serious diseases that affect people. If you’ve just adopted a dog or are thinking about it, here’s how to keep the whole family healthy and safe.
- Why I'm an Advocate for Pet Adoption, and How You Can Be Too
An advocate shares why adopting a shelter pet is better for the animal and for you.
- Dog Ear Infections: Treating Dog Ear Mites and More
Chronic ear infections are one of the most common reasons dogs see the vet. Learn more about how they're treated.
- Brain Games: Mental Stimulation Keeps Dogs' Minds Sharp
Like their owners, dogs can have mental decline. Medications can help slow this decline, and a study says mental stimulation could also improve brain health.
- Treat Your Dog's Pain and Lameness
What can you do if your dog shows signs of lameness or pain? And how can you prevent them? Here's what a veterinary expert recommends.
- Meet the Dog Scouts of America
The four-legged members of Dog Scouts of America earn merit badges for mastering skills like tracking scents, navigating obstacle courses, pulling sleds, and understanding sign language.
- A Healthy Diet for Your Dog
Picking the right foods and feeding the right amounts are key for your dog's health. Learn more about the right way to feed your dog.
- How to Keep Your Dog Cool in the Summer
When the mercury rises, keep your pets' temperatures low.
- What Your Vet Wants You to Know About Dog Parks
Dog parks can be a fun and exciting place for your furry friend. But make sure you keep him safe when he’s there.
- 6 Things Your Vet Wants You to Know About Dog Food
Dogs will eat anything, so it’s up to you to make sure you’re feeding them a balanced diet. Here’s what you need to know about buying and serving the best food for your four-legged friend.
- Dog Park Safety: What to Know Before You Go
You can easily find a dog park, but make sure you know how to keep Fido safe before unclipping the leash.
- Sophia Bush Is a 'Crazy Dog Lady'
The actress discusses her lifelong love of rescue dogs.
- Dog Flu: Keep Your Pet Safe
Dogs can get the flu, too. Know the causes, symptoms, and treatment for this virus so you can keep your dog healthy.
- Zac Posen's Designer Dogs
The fashion designer may rule the runways, but his 3 dogs rule the roost.
- Leash Training for Better Fitness
Teach your dog to run, walk, and hike beside you -- not drag you down the road.
- Gear Ideas for Gung-Ho Dogs
Learn about gear for your active dog, from backpacks and saddlebags, to harnesses, foldable water bowls, and more.
- Dog Park Etiquette: 7 Rules for a Well-Behaved Pet
Learn how to keep your dog well-behaved in the dog park.
- Cold Weather Tips for Dog Owners
Is your dog ready for the winter chill? Learn how to keep him cozy outdoors, know when cold is too cold, and prevent frostbite.
- Running, Hiking, and More With Your Dog
Got plans to take your dog with you on a long run or hike? You need to know how long he can go, the best surfaces for his feet, how to keep him hydrated, and how to prevent ticks and bug bites.
- Tips to Get Out With Your Older Dog
Keep your older pet active. Learn to set the right pace, read your dog’s stamina, and how to use tools like strollers, carts, car ramps, backpack carriers, and more.
- Dogs and Life Span: Help Your Dog Live Longer
Want to help your dog live longer? Try these exercise, nutrition, and other tips from pet experts.
- Q&A With Karina Smirnoff
The "Dancing With the Stars" professional talks about her real partner: her American Staffordshire Terrier, Randy.
- Dog Food: Why Ingredients Matter
Is your dog's coat a little dull or his stomach sometimes upset? Take a look at his dog food.
- Healthy Treats for Your Dog
Ways to reward your dog that will keep him safe and won’t make him overweight. Dog treats to try and avoid.
- Puppy Training: Tips for Success
Advice on how to train your puppy, including tips for house-training and ways to stop him from biting.
- How to Put Your Dog on a Diet
A look at the steps you can take to help your dog lose weight.
- How to Prepare for a New Dog
Tips for getting your home ready if you're about to bring back a new dog.
- Best Dog Breeds for Kids
Find out which dog breeds are recommended if you have children in your house.