If you've recently been diagnosed with a sleep disorder, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What kind of sleep disorder do I have?
2. Is my sleep disorder caused by or related to another condition? Would treating that condition help?
3. Could changing my medications or changing the way I take them make a difference?
4. How can I avoid becoming dependent on sleep medications?
5. What side effects can I expect from sleep medications? What can I do about them?
6. How do my exercise habits affect my sleep?
7. Does what and when I eat affect my ability to sleep?
9. Are there things I can do to my bedroom to make sleeping easier?
10. Should I see a sleep specialist?