My heart was beating at 200 times a minute. Once adenosine was adminestered,it went back to normal beats right away. I felt so much better right away. THANK YOU!

Heart racing for 5+ hours. At ER, Pulse 175, BP 187. Tried bearing down, coughing, but no effect. As soon as received adenosine, chest pain, but after a few deep breaths, started to feel better. BP dropped immediately to 70's.

Chris S. | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
7/13/2020
Condition: Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia

Have had PSVT for about 20 years. Cardizem didn't work for 10 years, and atenolol gave me vivid, nightmarish dreams that robbed me of sleep and made me fearful of going to bed. I voluntarily ceased all meds, with my doctor's permission. Now, once or twice a year, when I have worked too hard, or eaten chocolate on an empty stomach, or become a bit dehydrated and not slept enough, or a combination of these no-no's, I will sometimes get a paroxysmal SVT of 170-200 beats that sends me to the hospital because it doesn't just come and go as a 15-minute episode but lasts for an hour or more, even sometimes through a nap. Adenosine IV is administered in the ambulance or ER and makes me feel faint and as though I am going to pass out and/or die. Feels like you are running at top speed and the heart suddenly puts the breaks on. Very uncomfortable and frightening and sometimes it takes another dose to work. The heart rate dips to about 100 and then just hydration and rest will bring it back to 80-ish within about 30 minutes. I have found that if I drink/eat anything caffeinated and immediately flush my stomach with two big glasses of water, SVT is unlikely to happen (Vagus nerve?), but the heart rate may be a bit rough throughout the day, so now, sadly, I avoid caffein altogether. Partly the reason I wait to get help is due to the effects of adenosine, but it does work. It is not prescribed for me to take orally on a regular basis, as my doctor and the ER docs agree that PSVT is not life-threatening, so taking a med every day to possibly avoid a few episodes of it in a year is not recommended if the patient is in otherwise good health and is not panicking. I don't like adenosine, but it does usually work, (once, it did not) as I have learned in 20 years of this.

EmergencyDose | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/8/2020
Condition: Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia

My heart rate was 220, blood pressure 75/35. The 1st dose of adenosine didn't work. The EMTs doubled it and tried again and brought my heart rate down to the high 90s and bp to 100/70. Prior to taking it I felt cold and clammy, had difficulty breathing, could not stand up because of weakness/dizziness. Obviously my heart was racing. My chest hurt, my jaw hurt. After I still had some difficulty breathing but otherwise felt better. When it was being administered the 2nd time it made my chest feel more tight. My body felt worse for about 20 seconds. The EMT said to breathe through it, that it happens with this. And it just passed and I felt better.

Chezzausauk | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/31/2019
Condition: Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia

Adneosine isn't called the Grim Reeper for no reason. THe first time I was given this it worked brilliantly. HR was at 240 bpm. Second time I knew what I was going to experience and was terrified. It took 2 attempts but worked on the second. This medication had my life flashing before my eyes and I thought I was going to die!!! It's a terrifying experience. Does the med work, yes but blimey it's scary as hell how it makes you feel like your dying.

Mike | Age: 55-64 |
10/30/2016
Condition: Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia

In the ER for tachycardia (188BPM). Given 6mg with no results, then given 12mg with absolutely wonderful results.

Jamie | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/30/2014
Condition: Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia

I was administered adenosine intravenously to end an episode of rapid heart beat four times. It was a horrible experience that made me feel like I was dying, and it did no good.