A couple things- here it is claimed to be used as a steroid by bodybuilders -FALSE! Plant sterols can not be used as a steroid Period. This product is awesome for what it is intended for- pain relief, anti-inflammatory and tendon and cartilage health! I have used it for 3 years straight with NO adverse reactions at all. Blood screens normal, and no side effects.

I have been having very vivid dreams when I take this product. I have have pain on the left side of my chest if I take 2... But the dream thing is freaking me out.

Hman | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
2/21/2019
Condition: Joint pain

Both shoulders had pain 24/7 level 5-7. Within a week of 1600mgx2 daily, the pain has gone. I feel a twinge once in a while, but nothing like it was. I will continue to take cissus. I ordered from amazon.1600mg caps. Absonutrix brand.

Sand-m, Compound Cissus Quadangularis | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/16/2018
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I have been taking this by pure coincidence. But it works. I take 1x2 or 2x2 a day. This alteady for 6 minths and after a month I've got real improvement. No bleeding, almost gone the swelling. Have some gas production. But hey....I feel 1000% better.

rajesh more | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/27/2017
Condition: Fractures

this treatment very effective in bone fractures ligament injury tendons this has to be used empty stomach by boiling it in a glass of milk making it to remain acup of milk drain it and take this empty stomach in fractures for 21 days

MP | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
12/20/2016

I have been taking Cissus for about 4 years and it helped my joint point. In the morning I could barely bend over to pick up the newspaper in the morning but after a week on Cissus about 90% of the pain went away and it has stayed away. My wife started taking it about a year ago with similar results.

mojo | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/13/2016

recovering from shoulder surgery, increased range of motion, helped in recovery and strength

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/3/2016
Condition: Fractures

I am on Warfarin for more than 10 yrs. As I am afraid of its interaction with this drug ( not available anywhere) I am afraid to use though its prescribed.

Indira | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/24/2016
Condition: Fractures

I am given Bonion of Benito Pharmaceuticals, India. The medicine is not available in Mumbai. Where can I get it?

Sany123 | Age: 55-64 |
9/2/2015

I ordered Cissus Quadrangularis, 400 mg, from Swanson. I have NOT STARTED TAKING IT. All these reviews sound very encouraging, but no one tells us what brand they've used, and except for a couple people on very high doses, most others don't say how much they take. PLEASE HELP ME with this info!! I have osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, avasular necrosis of the ball of my humerus, the bone that inserts into the shoulder joint, and many other health issues, including bone on bone in my left knee-I've already had a knee replacement on tne right knee. What brands are you using and what doses are you taking?? Many thanks.Read More Read Less

dutchman1405 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
8/27/2015

At 74 I am still very active and lift extremely heavy for my age (500+ lbs-rack deads, 300 lbs-full squat etc.). I have recovered from 2 severely torn rotator cuff injuries in the last dozen years. Instead of my normal, daily 2 X 2 usage(1600 X 2), I switched to a month or two at 3 X 3 (2400 X 3) along with a daily megadose of Omega 3 Fish Oil. Within two weeks I would be back in the gym again, starting over with light weight, high reps. My wife and I stay at the daily maintenance dosage and just crank it up if needed. Cissus is a basic necessity for us in our natural health lifestyle. Read More Read Less

Moto Gal | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/9/2015
Condition: Weight loss

I bought mine originally for one of my old horses, so it's a bulk powder, fairly inexpensive, but great quality from a veterinary supply. The horse hates it and it's impossible to feed. So I decided to try it on myself. I'm 45 YO and extremely active but starting to struggle with weight maintenance and metabolism. I'm also sensitive to ANY kind of stimulant. On Cissus Quadrangularus I've only lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm assuming it's because of it's gelling effect making me feel less hungry before meals. Plus it works extremely well for interrupting cortisol if taken a bit before a meal. Its too early for me to tell if the weight is simply me being more aware or truly the product. What has been the most apparent result how ever is 3 day female cycles, not week long, voluminous. Women my age will understand what I mean. It's kind of like I'm 24 again in that respect. ALSO, I have chronically torn rotator cuffs in both arms and RA coming on in the shoulders knees and hands. ( my life has not been easy, nor easy on my body) I was MRI diagnosed, not self which often happens on here. The physical therapist told me at my age just keep doing what I am doing and when the tendons snap, he'll do surgery. Until then he wanted to just give me cortisone and Ketamine injections. Which I did once. Lost me insurance so I haven't had them again. On the CQ,,, In only 2 weeks my shoulders have been feeling significantly improved, as well as my knees. My hands are only marginally better. My work and two very rigorous hobbies that make it difficult to expect any miracles. If you are buying this in bulk, you'll need to buy gel caps. Or wrap it in Organic, unbleached paper(sabot). The stuff tastes horrible, but for me I am seeing results worth the hassle and I like the idea of getting it in an un-processed to make it taste good form and being able to control my own dosage. Read More Read Less

Pauline | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/25/2015

was told in July 2014 that I would need knee surgery. as had degenerative arthritis. declined and agreed to 6 monthly reviews. at the next appointment no surgery is required, pain is reduced to minimal, as long as I take the tablets. Took these on the advice of a physiotherapist.

USP labs | Age: 55-64 |
6/14/2015

I take SuperCissus for osteoarthritis. I can walk again and no pain from arthritis in spine. I take recommended dose age of 2t tablets 1600 mg twice daily.

Gordon | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
4/27/2015
Condition: General Health And Wellness

After reading The 4 Hour Body I decided to research Cissus Q. After 10 hours of literature research I decided to try it. Dose - Approx 1/2 gram daily Results - Weight loss from 240 lbs to 220 lbs over 4 weeks. Reduced body fat from 25% to 19% over 3 months. Increased feeling of energy and well being. Reduced triglycerides & no longer need Lipitor. side effect Seemed to work as a stool softener in first weeks. Made me less sensitive to pain in sports situations (not necessarily a good thing) I buy mine online via Ebay - low cost & good effect.Read More Read Less

BPoulter | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/7/2015

I have found my holy grail. 6mos ago I had a car accident, broke my neck and tore both rotator cuffs. On top of that, I have 3 herniated disks in my lower back which have been a MAJOR source of pain for nearly 15 years. Until about 2 mos ago I dealt with pain with narcotics or nothing at all because I can't use Nsaids due to the neck fusion. I was reading in the body building forums looking for help with tendon injuries and found many references to Cissus. I decided it was worth a try and am I glad I did. Pain in both shoulders went from an 8 pain to a two in only two days!! I was amazed. After about a week I noticed that my lower back pain was not interfering with my daily activities, limited as they where. How wonderful. I stopped using Cissus three days ago. My shoulders still feel pretty good but my lower back is raging again today. Today I started my regular Cissus dosing, 2-4 a day. I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow. I'm in hopes the Cissus will aid in my recovery as it has other reviewers. If you have tendon or joint pain, I highly recommend giving this a try. The only thing you have to loose is ether the $30 or the pain. If it works for you, it'll be money well spent. Believe the reviewers here.Read More Read Less

joy5323 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/6/2014
Condition: Weight loss

I used this in Estroven Weight Management and it made me Wicked Witch of the West after a month. I got depressed, despondent, impatient, totally up-tight.

Dhananjay Singh | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/24/2014
auburn | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/3/2014

I've had worsening right shoulder and arm pain with declining range of motion and strength and difficulty sleeping for two years. Tried therapeutic exercises, glucosamine, heat and cold packs, Ibuprofen, but nothing worked. A gym trainer who used it after a serious car accident recommended cissus. I've been taking 3200 mg twice a day with meals for almost three months. Dramatic reduction in pain - I think due to less inflammation - to the point where it seemed the injury was cured unless I tried certain movements or lifting with that arm. It turns out I have a torn rotator cuff that will be surgically repaired soon (so cissus isn't a total miracle, but it sure relieved the pain). I plan to keep using cissus after the surgery and through rehab because it made such a difference. It really should be scientifically studied for anti-inflammatory use, which is a problem for many older people like myself. Read More Read Less

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
3/26/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

This is the best product I have ever used.Loss weight slowly but kept muscle tone,joint pain was helped immediately, and bought it for family and from tests on my heart,it has gotten stronger since I've taken it for over a year now.

Mark | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/26/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I am a 47 year old male. I have knee and elbow joint pain. I picked this up as a supplement in my gym. I take it in powder form. 1 scoop = 1 gram. My knees felt 70% better after 1 scoop (overnight) It works as well or better than prescription anti-inflammatories. Only been taking it for a week and feel 10x better.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/16/2013
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I was advised to take this product for chronic shoulder problems - torn rotator cuff & chronic bursitis. I achieved a significant amount of pain relief after a couple of weeks and was able to sleep which had been impossible prior to taking cissus quadrangularis. I also had a side effect of experieincing no hot flushes while taking this product - bonus!