I craved wine. I began drinking as a teenager. I quit while pregnant & raising my little ones. At 35, I used to drink it, or some liquor, almost daily. At 42, I didn't have liver disease (yet), but I would drink to excess often. An employee of GNC told me she took Milk Thistle 3 times a day because it cleans the liver. I began taking it 3 X day, religiously. Within a few weeks, all I noticed was...

I was taken to the hospital for chest pains---making it short---- my liver was enlarged, Dr took me off milk thistle & an estrogen patch was a no no. Thanks to this site I understand now why.

Tazicik | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/4/2021
Condition: Alcohol-related liver disease

As a result of excessive alcohol consumption, my liver was fattened and my enzymes increased. After using 2 tablets a day and 1 month, indigestion and pain in my liver disappeared. I'm looking forward to my blood results.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
6/11/2019
neenee | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/8/2019
Condition: High cholesterol

I developed a diarrhea type symptom. Having a lose, frothy stool everytime I went to the bathroom. I went 8 times a day and it caused severe cramping. Between trips to the bathroom, I had horrible, loud, rumbling gas that sounded that low, rumbling thunder which was constant, I do have IBS, so I wouldn't recommend it to a person with IBS with occasional diarrhea. Perhaps, it was clearing fat from my liver, but the bloating, horrible loud gas, and diarrhea was extremely uncomfortable.

Sherrie | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/7/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

These pills made me really bloated and I felt really ran down and no energy at all .

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
7/24/2018
Condition: Alcohol-related liver disease

I drink 1.5 L bottle of vodka every 2 days for about 18 years now..I SHOULD BE DEAD....most likely....since I am not...i must be very very lucky! but I WILL say that milk thistle MUST BE CONTRIBUTING to my super human liver ! I TAKE NATURES BOUNTY WHITE LABEL 1000 MG(250 MG OF 4:1 EXTRACT) product wasn't listed in brand drop down area.