I have Insomnia for over a year now (could not sleep at all). Offcourse used sleeping pills and my doctor discribed anti-depressiva. But i don't have a depression so i don't want to take them..Only one thing helps and that is L Tryptophan (800 - 1000mg). (Tried 5HTP as well). It puts me to sleep! 6 hours sleep for me know! Little bit side effects like: sometimes a little sleepy during the day, hea...

I was told to give my little dog 1/3 tablet.to calm him when having him groomed. he is 12 1/2 yrs. weighs only 4 lbs.I am worried this may not be safe for him.

JudyE | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/20/2021
Condition: Insomnia

First, I'm really sick of hearing about the glitch from Japan tryptophan in the 80's. That infor is all you find on this supplement and it's frustrating. I used this until they pulled it back then for sleep, and i've been using it again lately. I never had issued before, but for some reason, it now causes an 'allergic reaction' for me and I can't find anything, anywhere mentioning this. I'm getting a reaction like a sinus infection. First night, no problems when I wake up. The next night, OK, but by morning I start getting a sinus reaction that settles in my throat, and it continues like this to by the fifth day after taking, my throat is swollen and it's hard to swallow. Feels like the food gets stuck in my throat. While my throat doesn't hurt, this side effect is frustrating, and worrisome enough to cause me to stop taking it. Two days later symptoms are gone. I've tried restarting 3 times, thinking maybe I really was just having allergies, but it's definitely some odd reaction to the L-tryptophan. I've tried 3 different brands because sometimes, it's just whatever a company uses, but I must be the one person having the reaction to this. Could be the dosage of 500 mg, because back in the day, 40 mg was normal. I've been using this stacked with a OTC nootropic and the combination was perfect. I have never been a long sleeper and with tryptophan, I can get sometimes 6 hours of sleep where I normally sleep 4 to 5 hours a night. OTC sleeping pills leave me groggy and grouchy.Looks like it's back to groggy and grouch as opposed to my throat closing up!

StPJL | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
4/27/2020
Condition: Sleep

I have a seasonal sleep disorder. For 2-6 weeks, starting early to mid spring, I suffer severe sleep deprivation.Although I am a candidate for prescription sleep medication, itâ??s not an avenue Iâ??m comfortable with. I develop a tolerance for Melatonin quickly. 5mg Melatonin 1500mg L-Tryptophan has been a game changer for me.

Proofreader | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/7/2019
Condition: Depression

The writer of this article made an error. Vitamin B-6 is not niacinamide. It's pyridoxine. ...Vitamin B-3 is niacinamide.

Dan1988 | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/29/2018
Condition: Depression

Took 1000 mg three times a day, mornings, afternoon, and just before bed. It is important to note that you should always take it on an empty stomach and not with other amino acid supplements as this will reduce absorption. I have never slept better and felt better in my entire life. My anxiety (which I had for over a decade) has finally lifted. I have never touched an antidepressant so cannot compare the effectiveness but if it works that well for me why wouldnâ??t it for you too? No wonder they donâ??t rave about it- itâ??s just too cheap and too effective for big pharma to make millions out of it lol. Please watch out for serotonin syndrome though, I am not a doc but I know someone who had a bad reaction take this with his SSRI. I cannot find it on the list but I used the Best naturals L-Tryptophan 500 mg tablets.

Alex | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/14/2018
Condition: Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)

Taking 500mg of L-Tryptophan seems to improve symptoms of seasonal affective disorder but does not seam to have any effect on major depression. Take at bedtime as this product causes mild drowsiness.