Used for post surgery to avoid constipation or hard stool (inguinal hernia repair). It worked wonderfully, doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Took 2 doses a day, one after breakfast, and one after my evening meal. Made sure my timing didn't interfere with the timing of my daily medications.

After one dosage of a tablespoon of Metamucil, I experience severe cramping and diherrea. It has been several days and the cramping is still happening.

Chaz | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
8/17/2017
Condition:

take 2 heaping tablespoons before breakfast and dinner . Only take Psyllium husk powder without sugar or any other additive . Cholesterol is under control without statins and their side effects . A bonus is no extra time spent in the bathroom as movements are quick and painless.

Madscientist505 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/26/2014
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I am happy with the blood glucose reductions I have had as a "side effect" of this treatment. Beware hypoglycemia is a real risk, monitor your sugars when starting psyllium.

mumsgirl | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
11/17/2012
Condition:

My mother took this after a year of tests, various treatments and pain suffering from IBS. I read that research in Sweden showed this helped relieve IBS symptoms in around 90% of cases. I also take for general health purposes on an ongoing basis as it's a brilliant source of dietary fibre

lola | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
3/4/2012
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I reccomend psyllium husk to everyone. I take it first thing in the morning and take 2 scoops of psyllium husk and 1 large tbls of Konsyl. Then 2 cups coffee and 1 large glass of water and it really cleans me out. I see how much food waste is sitting in your intestins, and it is alot. It helps me with weight control. And it gives me energy because I do not have all that waste that builds up in your intestine. I feel lighter also. I am definetly an advocate and will take psyllium the rest of my life. There would be much less obesity if everyone would take it and watch your intake of food!

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |