I've been taking the Wild Yam vitamins for 1 month. The first 3 days my hot flashes were horrible after taking this vitamin. I continued to take it and I've actually gotten worst. 30 minutes after taking it, I have bad hot flashes in my face like running water, my back, my neck. It made me worst. This vitamin does not work

LUCKYLADY57 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/24/2021
Condition:

I can't believe my hot flashes are all but gone , I use 2 capsules of wild yam , one capsule of estroven and a glass of soy milk and I feel a whole lot better .

Crabby | Age: 65-74 |
6/12/2020
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

If you have issues taking progesterone do not use wild yam. It made me very crabby, nervous and aggressive.

Mary 83 | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/3/2019
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

I'm 54 and was having multiple intense hot flashes daily and vaginal dryness. I started taking Wild Yam Complex from Standard Process and after two days the difference was like night and day. I am going to try to find another brand to try however, due to the high cost of this particular supplement.

10/29/2018
Condition:

This product has worked for me, all though it works much better paired with black cohosh at 80-120mg once daily.Helps men also that go through male menopause.

Rachel | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/4/2017
Condition:

A waste of money. Took 500mg twice a day for 2 months. Did absolutely nothing. Don't waste your money.

Chaz | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
4/26/2017
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

I couldn't bear the hot flushes so went into holland & barratt where an employee told me that Wild Yam Root had been recommended. I now recommend this to all my friends and work colleagues who complain of hot flushes, night sweats and breast tenderness as mine have all but disappeared!!!

Frances | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
10/13/2016

I was told I needed a hysterectomy but 10 years on and I'm symptom free

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/14/2016
Condition:

I am 63 and was on estrogen treatments for osteopenia. My doc just took me off in Feb. and I have been having bad night sweats and unable to sleep. This was recommended by two breast cancer survivors so I tried it. Thanks to them I have not completely stopped having night sweats but the intensity has decreased so I can at least get a decent nights sleep now.

Dolphingirl | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/13/2016
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

I was not having regular periods. Eventually it had been 6 months since I had a period. I also suffered hot flashes, but Black Cohosh took care of that problem. I am now having regular periods again and I'm 51 years old!

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/7/2015
Condition:

I am post menopause. I took it to restore estrogen. Was not quite ready for the response. My libo changed. Increased my energy level and desire to "mate".

hirenee | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/30/2015
Condition:

I don't usually write reviews but feel that I really have to share how well this has worked for me. I am 47, in good health, take no medications of any kind and exercise regularly. I had been having hot flashes for the last 6 months and am able to use the past tense of had rather then present tense of have because of this product. The first couple of months the hot flashes were uncomfortable and intermittent, increasing in intensity and frequency the last couple of months. Finally, sleeping thru the night was almost impossible and the days became intolerable. I purchased Nature's Way Wild Yam Root; 425 mg from my local health food store, took one that afternoon and no hot flashes that night. I have been taking one capsule in the morning and one in the evening for about a month and the hot flashes are gone, absolutely, 100% gone. I have noticed no side effects whatsoever. I could not be happier with the results. Read More Read Less

coolagain | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
4/21/2015
Condition:

i'm 51 and early on in the menopausal transition i had occasional hot flashes. into my 50s and they were unbearable, especially at night. Swanson's wild yam cream works incredibly well (and immediately) and i haven't had a hot flash in a year or more. super relieved!

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/30/2014
Mary | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/9/2014
Condition:

I have been suffering with hot flashes for several months now. Pull off my sweater, put it back on, pull it off again... so many times at work and at home. Then there's trying to sleep at night. Toss the covers off, pull them back on, toss and turn, etc... It was impossible to get a good night's sleep. I purchased a jar of wild yam cream. I lightly dip my finger in the cream so there's just a little dab on the tip of my finger. Then I transfer it to the inside of one of my wrists, then rub my wrists together. Then rub my wrists into the inside creases of my elbows. I do this before bed, and again in the morning. Within a couple of days I noticed I wasn't having any hot flashes, and I've been sleeping through the night!!! I can't say for sure it was this... maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'm not taking the chance. I will continue using it.Read More Read Less

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/19/2014

[email protected] | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/19/2014
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

Its been 7 days since I started taking GNC's Nature's Answer Organic Wild Yam(YM) Root Dioscorea villosa herbal supplement drops. I have had maybe 3 very mild flashes since i started taking this extract. Prior to me taking this, I was having dozens of flashes day and nite. I also feel alot more in contol of my day to day activities. The directions tell you to take 2 ml, (56 drops). I take only 10 drops in the morning, 10 mid afternoon with maybe two ounces of water. For some reason when i put the drops first then the water, the concoction kinda bubbles. Now i put the water in first then drops and just swirl it in cup. Doesnt taste too good but just knowing it will not bring those feelings back, i will do it forever. Good luck to everyone. I am not handling this menopause too well. This WY extract has made it more tolerable.Read More Read Less

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
2/20/2014
Condition: Menopausal symptoms

I use Wild Yam cream that I purchased @Clarks Health foods and it has made my Menopause symptoms almost disappear! I sleep wonderfully and feel like myself. Thank goodness I found this! Mine does not contain any progesterone. Only Vitamin E and the Wild Yam.. Made by at last naturals.

FreidaSings | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/13/2013
Condition:

I'm so glad I found this supplement. I can sleep comfortably through the night without waking up because I'm hot then cold and sweating. It doesn't happen anymore. I received the pills in the mail and took one with my dinner and that night, nothing happened. I am in the super early stages of menopause. I took Wild Yam Root 425 mg - Natures Way.

texandoll007 | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/26/2013
Condition:

I am a 43 year old woman, never had any children and started to have hot flashes about a week ago. I order wild yams and the day I received them in the mail, I took two as directed and that night, NO HOT FLASHES! I am so grateful to have found the wild yams. I don't take any medications for any illness. I do however, smoke but take nothing else. I purchased Nature's Way Wild Yam -veggie caps on amazon.

Awilda | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/11/2013
Condition:

believe it or not, and has helped my hot flashes. does not give me those sweats at night as I did before. thanks God and Wild YAM vitamine and cream.