Wow, what a difference! Soy Isoflavones were recommended to me by GYN Dr. to help with my peri-menopausal night sweats and hot flashes. Being a person who avoids getting on the 'prescription drug pill wagon' I decided, out of pure desperation, to give it a try. After about five days, the hot flashes and night sweats were gone and have not returned after 6 months of use! Also, I only take one ta...

The soy I took (Spring Valley brand from Wal-Mart) was effective in reducing the intensity and number hot flashes I got during the day. However, I have been suffering with extreme irrablity and from the research I've been doing soy does not seem to help with this. So, I'm switching to Maca (I heard this is supposed to help with all perimenopausal/menopausal symptoms).

WebMD | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/30/2016
Condition: Hot flashes

I started taking soy isoflavones, 40 mg for hot flashes and insomnia due to menopause. I have always been a good sleeper and need my sleep to feel well. Going into menopause I became very distressed by insomnia coupled with hot flashes. It got to the point it was making me feel physically ill, and was zapping me of all my energy. After about 1 week taking soy I noticed a big decline in the troubling symptoms I was having. After 1 month on soy I am happy to report I sleep well again and am no longer having hot flashes; I feel great again! I would highly recommend soy isoflavones for other women who are having bothersome menopause symptoms. The brand I use is SpringValley 40 mg Soy Isoflavones, Walmart carries them I believe the usual dose is 80 mg, but I get great relief with just 1 40 mg tablet..

5/12/2015
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I stopped taking the soy I reported on a while back for no particular reason, but am glad I recently started taking it again. I feel different, all symptoms I have are lessened on 40 milligrams(one capsule) daily in morning with coffee, sometimes food sometimes not. I have less itching skin, less flaking of skin, faster healing, no pain in the sore knee at all, overall more agile and flexible, still get some hot flashes in the evening, probably after the soy has been reduced. I don't take more however because doing this in the past caused me side effects like mild allergies. I also only like taking this brand. I have tried a soy with saponins for example and got rashes. I also love what this does for my digestion. Going to the bathroom is NORMAL and not painful. This has helped me not have diverticulitis which I have had for a long time. No symptoms now whatsoever. I will continue to report whatever is going on as I continue to take these so as to help others with their decision. Ive tried other things but nothing worked or they were awful. I hope they never stop making this particular soy brand.

Storm | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/6/2015

Used for overactive bladder worked better than prescription drugs.........complete hysterectomy 20 years ago

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/15/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

So far I am taking a little under 50mgs soy isoflavones from HyVee grocery store. They say they are comparable to the brand NovaSoy. I have noticed clearly that this has helped my digestion by helping me to get unconstipated. Going is easy without needing to use a stimulant laxative which I had been doing almost everyday for a year. So detoxing me is what they are doing. I feel a small tenderness of a mild rash by my nose today that I think was caused by these. So I will keep an eye on whether they are a problem that way or not. I have taken these before several yrs back and my cholesterol at the start was 250 and after taking them it went down to 189 or less (cant remember) all I know is it was the most dramatic loss for the entire corporation as this was done through a plan for a place of work. Nurse was shocked when I told her the only thing I did differently was take these. Its important you all know these contain a bit of oat fiber and rice fiber magnesium silicate, mag stearate, vegetable cellulose(Capsule, and silicon dioxide. All these help digestion too. I also want to note the skin on my arms is not itchy as has been for a year abd the skin on the fronts of my lower legs is not dry and cracked looking and the dead skin that was on them is just falling off. My sinuses have felt dry and gummy and sticky for a year but the last 2 days are moist and almost clear. If I hadn't had a problem with them for so long I wouldn't even know they were a problem at all now. After Ive taken these for a few more days I will report further on my condition.

Tie1978 | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |