- A holistic approach to weight management
- Why lifestyle changes are the basis of healthy weight control
- Sleep hygiene
- Stress reduction/management
- Healthy diet
- More movement and exercise
- An overview of anti-obesity medications (AOMs)
- How endoscopic procedures can help, and when to consider them
Learn about a holistic approach to weight management in this free, interactive webinar. The power of lifestyle choices like better sleep, less stress, a healthy diet, and more movement will be explained. You’ll learn why they’re the foundation of healthy weight management. You’ll also get an overview of anti-obesity meds (AOMs) – and why they aren’t enough without lifestyle changes. Endoscopic procedures, and when to consider them, will also be covered.
Octavia Pickett-Blakely, MD, MHS, is a gastroenterologist and hepatologist at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. She directs the Penn Center for Gastrointestinal Nutrition. She’s involved in clinical trials investigating novel therapeutic approaches to celiac disease and intestinal failure. In addition, she participates in research exploring the relationship between obesity and gastrointestinal and liver diseases. She’s passionate about educating future generations of doctors about the importance of nutrition in disease.